Dark Souls 3 New Update Will Fix Covenants and NPC Questlines
Praise the sun.
Dark Souls 3 update 1.05 will be making some subtle, but greatly appreciated, changes and fixes to the game- when it finally launches, it will, according to the Japanese patch notes shared on the Dark Souls 3 Official Japanese website, be fixing some NPC questlines, and also the Covenants in the game.
The NPC questlines are not necessarily broken, per se, but they are extraordinarily hard to complete as things stand right now- or well, some of them are. The fixes should make those questlines easier to complete, moving them to the territory of ‘soul crushingly tough, but doable,’ from their earlier ‘this is proof that the universe itself hates me’ status.
Covenants should also be ‘fixed’ by this update, though what exactly that means is anybody’s guess- the implementation of Covenants in Dark Souls 3 has been criticized next to the perfect way they were done in Dark Souls 2, but it is unclear whether this new update will restore them to how they were in From’s controversial second Dark Souls game, or if they will try to make 3′s implementation work better.
Meanwhile, patch 1.04 is almost out. The patch notes for this update follow:
- Fixed a bug where you might not get items properly while accessing a covenant when a player joins your game.
- Some NPCs questline events have been made easier to trigger.
- Made the requirement for joining the Rosaria’s Fingers less strict.
- Fixed a bug when teleporting to Untended Graves.
- Amended an issue where kicks were being parried.
- Fixed a bug where Crystal Sage would not re-appear after warping in.
- Fixed a bug where Dragonslayer Armour would die on its own before you fight.
- Fixed a bug where Knight Slayer Tsorig would continue to gesture.
- Fixed a bug where Siegward would fail to save Greirat even though the conditions have been met.
- Fixed a bug where, when wearing a ring that increases Max HP, the change would not be reflected in some menus.
- Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would show (or not show) according to the settings.
- Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would continue to display when HUD display is set to AUTO.
- (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where you can’t access the functions Quit Game, access bonfire, or use online play items when failing to connect to an online session.
- (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where the game would crash to the title screen when you fail to connect to an online session.
- Fine tuned various other things, performance improvements, and corrected various bugs.
Dark Souls 3 is available now on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.