FIFA 17 Gets A Hefty Update on PS4 and Xbox One
That’s one hefty update.
FIFA 17 has completely dominated the football game market this year, owing to its ambitious story mode, and the authenticity it strives for with its licenses. But the game still did launch with a fair few bugs and issues- a lot of which have now been addressed in the new update for the title that is available on PS4 and Xbox One.
Among the things it doesn’t address is how the game handles injuries, but hey, we’ll get there eventually. This update is massive enough as is- there’s a whole lot it brings to the table. FIFA 17 is available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, with versions of the game also available on Xbox 360 and PS3. You can check out the full list of changes with this update below.
- A situation where cancel was unresponsive after requesting a clearance.
- A rare situation where the penalty shootout should have ended earlier.
- Increased the CPU AI tendency to attack directly.
- An issue where players sometimes overrun the ball after a skill move.
- Increased the chance of error from ground crosses (triple tap).
- Improvements to ball physics where shots off the goal posts lose too much speed.
- Goalkeeper positioning for corner kicks improved.
- Improvements made to player switching from corners and free kicks.
- An issue where the player would control the ball instead of attempting a clearance.
- Improvements to contested headers logic from corner kicks.
- General fixes for player controlled celebrations.
- Cut scene for contentious fouls can now be skipped.
- Improved the general responsiveness of shooting.
- Minor improvement to passing responsiveness when the ball is in the air.
- Increased experience required for the higher overall ratings in Pro Clubs. *
- Addressed an issue where a player’s customized facial features did not display properly in game.
- FUT Single Player difficulty no longer defaults to your CPU setting.
- Addressed an issue where the player is forced to substitute an injured player in FUT online matches.
- Corrected the shooting and crossing text in custom tactics
- Addressed a situation where the CPU AI would frequently leave star players on the bench.
- Added new components of the 2016/17 Premier League broadcast package.
- Updated team kits, banners and flags for Velez Sarsfield and Tigre.
- The goalkeeper now correctly celebrates after catching the final penalty in a shootout.
- Addressed an issue where the selected kit isn’t the one used in-game.
- Addressed frame-rate issue during pre-match skill game.
- Addressed an issue where the fog from a player’s breath was detached from their position.
- General overlay fixes.