Moon Diver now available on PSN
Square Enix announced today that its highly anticipated digital release Moon Diver is now available on the PlayStationNetwork. Developed for both the PlayStation Network and for Xbox LIVE Arcade, Moon Diver delivers frenetically fast-paced gameplay and a classic side-scrolling perspective for up to four players locally or via online cooperative play. The PlayStation Network version of Moon Diver is available today for $14.99 as this week’s new title in PlayStation Network’s ongoing Spring Fever event. Pricing and availability for the Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 will be announced at a later date.
Here’s some info on Moon Diver by the devs themselves:
“While Moon Diver certainly pays homage to its side-scrolling ancestor with hordes of enemies and gigantic bosses, the game innovates in a number of ways, including: entirely modern three-dimensional graphics; a dynamic and intuitive character experience and leveling system; four-player local and online co-op with the ability to instantly drop in and out; and finally, a number of unique, selectable, upgradeable and cooperatively combinable character special abilities called “MoonSault Combinations,” which can dramatically alter the field of play at any moment – from powerful area-of-effect attacks to critical passive power boosts to simple, yet effective, invisibility.
The Moon Diver Story:
At the dawn of the 22nd century, an evil power brought inanimate objects to life, and they turned on humanity. Bridges, automobiles, cities – the whole of humanity’s creations were all compelled to turn on their makers. Mankind’s fears of apocalypse became reality!
Hidden amongst humanity’s survivors, an elite unit of specially trained ninja known as Moondivers has been lying in wait for orders to reclaim the planet.
Today, those orders arrived. Today, the battle to retake Earth begins.
· The Diver System allows players to jump in or out at any time, for a maximum of up to four players total. Guest players are awarded experience points for helping out.
· Combos increase in power and intensity based on the number of players. Collect new combo moves by picking them up on the map or fulfilling certain requirements.
· Adjust the difficulty level at any time with the Chaos Accelerator. Higher levels are rewarded with enhanced visuals and greater experience points. Players set the challenge rating as they see fit.
· 12 stages to explore and master.
· Local and online co-op for up to four players.
· Character designs by Roberto Ferrari (Tatsunoko).”