Omerta – City of Gangsters revealed by Kalypso
Omerta – City of Gangsters is a strategy game from Kalypso Media which focuses on the activities of organized crime in Atlantic City in the 1920’s. The game will be released next year for the PC, and will feature a meticulously recreated prohibition-era Atlantic City.
Taking the role of a fresh-from-the-boat immigrant, with dreams of the big life, the player will work his way up the criminal hierarchy of 1920’s Atlantic City. Starting with small jobs, his character recruits a gang and expands his empire by taking territory from other gangsters. Eventually he establishes his own crime syndicate and becomes the de facto ruler of Atlantic City.
The game is said to feature good cover and shooting mechanics, and there are some stealth mechanics too.
- Historically accurate representation of Atlantic City and its landmarks
- Strategic gameplay allows city overview, planning, expansion and gathering of intel
- Turn-based tactical combat with a cover system and stealth action
- 15 unique player controlled characters each with a unique personalities and backgrounds
- An RPG system for development of player characters and managing their gear
- Competitive and cooperative multiplayer mode with persistent multiplayer gang
- 15+ hours of gameplay in a single play-through
- 20 unique maps visualizing the various districts of Atlantic City
Tell us what you think in the comments section below.