TGS 2015 Was A Massive Hit, Over 268,000 People Attended
A great TGS saw great footfalls as well.
The Tokyo Game Show this year was a breathtaking show that seemed to mark the return of the Japanese console game industry to slow prominence. Epitomized best by the Sony TGS conference, the show this year had loads of great, high profile announcements of Japanese PS4 games, games that looked interesting, and games that were being pegged for international release at that, marking the end of the period of insularity that the Japanese market underwent at the end of last decade.
All of this is reflected in the attendance numbers too- over 268,000 people attended TGS this year, making it one of the most successful TGSs of all time. With over 270,000 people in attendance, the 2013 TGS still holds the record for the most successful year ever- but this year’s was a very close second.
The exact attendance number breakdowns were:
- September 17 (business day) – 29,058 attended
- September 18 (business day) – 29,557 attended
- September 19 (public day) – 97,601 attended (including 10,360 in Family Area)
- September 20 (public day) – 112,230 attended (including 14,517 in Family Area)
- Total attendance – 268,446 (including 24,877 in Family Area)
We also learned that the Tokyo Game Show 2016 will run from September 15 to 18.
(Famitsu, via Gematsu)