Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – Your Specials/Weapons Unlock Guide
Here is a breakdown of how get some of the weapons and special weapons unlocked in Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
The following weapons and perks can all be unlocked upon ranking up in the game, but can also be unlocked early on in your career by pre-ordering the game.
– By pre-ordering the game anywhere before the games release you will automatically be granted the Limited Edition which gives you the following early unlocks:
- 4 x Vehicle Warfare Unlocks
- Improved Vehicle Armor – An Up-Armor package mounted on all vehicle types decreases the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.
- Vehicle Alternate Fire – Additional weapon packages mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expands the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.
- Vehicle Motion Sensor – Upgraded Sensor to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.
- Tracer Dart Pistol – Launched by compressed air, this magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allows friendly shoulder launched rockets to lock on to and track moving targets even beyond line of sight.
- 2 x Classic Battlefield 1943 Weapons
- M1A1 Submachine Gun – Popular with Paratrooper and Commando units in WW2 for its rate of fire and stopping power the M1A1 is still seen in the hands of paramilitaries today. Reliable but heavy, this classic weapon is still a powerful force in the hands of a Battlefield Veteran.
- M1911 Pistol – Adopted in 1911 by the US Army the M1911 saw heavy service in WW1, WW2, Korea and Vietnam. Highly customized M1911 are still favored by Special Operations forces for its reliability and the power of its large .45 caliber round
M1911 Pistol, Thompson Sub-Machine Gun, Tracer Dart Pistol
– By pre-ordering the game at Gamestop, you will get early access to the AKS-74 assault rifle which fires over 650 rounds a minute.
AKS-74 Assault Rifle
– Also by pre-ordering the game at Gamestop grants you early access to the Squad Rush mode which is 4-on-4 multiplayer battles across five different maps.
– Finally to unlock the M1 Garand in Battlefield: Bad Company 2, you will need to make sure your Veteran Rank is at least 1 on the veteran.battlefield.com site. You will need to have at least 2 Battlefield games that you have played/registered on your list. You cannot currently add Battlefield 1943 to your list, but you will be able to upon the release of Bad Company 2. The M1 Garand is only unlockable by doing this and can not be attained simply by leveling up.
M1 Garand from Battlefield 1943
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be available for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC on March 2nd.