Japanese site Game Memo have recently posted a list of unverified details about Dragon Quest X’s plot and gameplay. Game Memo, however, has a reputation for accuracy so take these features with a pinch of salt, but only a pinch. The list quoted is from a translation provided by Andriasang:
- The game’s story will have lots of volume, with the hope that players can continue to play online for a long time.
- Outside of story, you’ll find a lot of gameplay content, as each of the game’s five races have their own specific quests.
- While it’s common for online games to not have an “ending” with a “last boss,” it appears that this will not apply to DQX.
- The game’s inn facility will now have a concierge. The concierge will give you info about events.
- While the game will have auto save, you’ll still be able to go to the church to pray in order to save.
- The game will have a post office through which you can send letters and items to friends without directly meeting.
- The game world will be many times bigger than Dragon Quest VIII’s massive world.
- Your player character is actually human, but after some sort of happening, he turns into one of the five announced races.
- You start the game off in a small village, where you live with either your brother or sister. The game’s character making feature allows you to create this family member as well.
Thanks again to Andriasang for the info.