Gears of War 3 info translated from Russian gaming mag
A Russian gaming magazine has some juicy information on the upcoming Gears of War 3.
Despite Cliff Bleszinski tweeting earlier not to trust ‘badly translated leaked info’ from Russian gaming mags….we just can’t help ourselves. Take the following titbits with a pinch of salt though.
- Epic reiterates Gears 3 will end Marcus Fenix’s trilogy, but the series will continue in the forms of spin-offs, prequels and even “a transition to a new genre”.
- It takes place a year-and-a-half after Gears 2. After the fall of Jacinto, the government and COG collapsed with it.
- Humans who survived the Hammer of Dawn offensive from Gears 2 have gone off and formed separate tribes to fight for their survival. Anyone who didn’t has its remains in ash, hence the Ashes to Ashes trailer. Locust are in a similar situation
- Ravens Nest seems to be the name of the man-made island that is in the sea. It can travel as well.
- COG leader Prescott disappears, but soon shows up at an airbase on the man-made island shown in the scans. Mag mentions that Marcus gives him the eye, but also something else: a recording from Adam Fenix, Marcus’ father, who tells him how to save Sera. Oh, and here’s the kicker: Adam’s still alive.
- Cole and Baird now have their own storyline at some point in the game.
- Anya, according to the translations, “turned into a…badass, let her hair loose, put on armor, and now fights alongside Marcus.” Other than Anya, there will be other female characters in the game.
- Lambent are now seen as the main enemy, not the Locust, and are also able to charge up to at least three Gears at a time whenever they’re close to dying and explode.
- Other new weapons include a grenade launcher that contain earth-drilling rounds and a rifle that shoots single rounds alongside the already announced double-barrelled shotgun.
- Difficulty in the game will be lowered, with story and character development also included, due to at least 60 percent of people not finishing the last game.
- Multiplayer environments will also change and will constantly shift during a match, although it’s not explained how.
Still not satisfied? Some new scans from the same magazine are here for you to feast your eyes on. Check them out below.