Guitar Hero Live Getting New Head-to-Head Competitive Mode
Competitive mode comes to Guitar Hero.
Activision’s successful reboot of the Guitar Hero franchise, Guitar Hero Live, will be getting some new fan requested modes as part of its first big update, which is due out soon, and is based on community feedback. A new mode for the game, called Rival Challenges, will be made available in Guitar Hero Live as part of GHTV, and it will involve players going head to head against each other in songs selected by Activision.
Winners of this mode get 100 additional XP points, as well as other bonuses. To play Rival Challenges, follow the following steps, as outlined by Activision themselves:
- To unlock Rival Challenges, you will need to be level 10 or higher. We decided this because once you hit level 10, you will have gained access to Guitar Upgrades and accumulated some Hero Powers, which we think introduces fun and interesting layers of competition.
- Rival Challenges will occur on twice per every half-hour show. The song choices will be picked by us, so you’ll always need to be ready
- Your opponent will be of relatively close skill level, paired with you through our underlying matchmaking technology.
- The winner of each battle earns an extra +100 Status XP, along with bragging rights of course.
- Another bonus is showing off the personalization items you’ve earned in GHTV. When a battle kicks off, both you and your opponent will see each other’s playercard and note highway on screen.
Guitar Hero Live is available now on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Wii U.