Halo 4 is one of the biggest games of this year and one of the biggest games Microsoft has ever made, and it’s something that people will undoubtedly play for a long time. It’s also a fact that there are a lot of unlockables in the multiplayer component of the game, which includes Spartan Ops, one of the new episodic format of co-op gameplay 343 Industries have introduced in the game.
The game itself is qood with our reviewer giving it a glowing 9/10 score.
“To summarize, any fears that Bungie’s departure and the return of one of gaming’s most iconic characters would be detrimental to this follow up have been allayed; Halo 4 is an essential purchase and a definite contender for Game of the Year. Suit up solider,” wrote our author bojeeva.
Before we begin, take a look at the achievements for the game. Most of these seem straightforward but the multiplayer ones will take months to get just like the previous Halo games.
1. Dawn (10G) — Completed mission 1 on any difficulty.
2. Requiem (10G) — Completed mission 2 on any difficulty.
3. Forerunner (10G) — Completed mission 3 on any difficulty.
4. Infinity (10G) — Completed mission 4 on any difficulty.
5. Reclaimer (10G) — Completed mission 5 on any difficulty.
6. Shutdown (10G) — Completed mission 6 on any difficulty.
7. Composer (10G) — Completed mission 7 on any difficulty.
8. Midnight (10G) — Completed mission 8 on any difficulty.
9. Wake Up, John (20G) — Completed the Campaign on Normal or harder.
10. I Need a Hero (40G) — Completed the Campaign on Heroic or harder.
11. The Legend of 117 (70G) — Completed the Campaign on Legendary difficulty.
12. Lone Wolf Legend (90G) — Completed the Campaign solo on Legendary difficulty.
13. Skullduggery (15G) — Completed any Campaign mission with 3 or more Skulls on Heroic or harder.
14. Bropocalypse (10G) — Completed any Campaign mission cooperatively on Heroic or harder.
15. Bromageddon (40G) — Completed the Campaign cooperatively on Heroic or harder.
16. Contact the Domain (10G) — Found a Terminal in the Campaign.
17. Terminus (50G) — Found all of the Terminals in the Campaign.
18. Digging up the Past (20G) — Found and accessed Chief’s record in mission 1.
19. Midnight Launch (20G) — Got significant air in the Warthog at midnight in mission 2.
20. This is my Rifle, This is my Gun (20G) — Carried a UNSC weapon all the way through mission 3 on Heroic or harder.
21. Bros to the Close (20G) — Completed mission 4 without one preventable Marine death on Heroic or harder.
22. Mortardom (20G) — Hijacked a Wraith and used it to kill at least four enemy Wraiths in mission 5 on Heroic or harder.
23. Explore the Floor (20G) — Tricked or forced a Hunter to fall to his demise in mission 6
24. Give Him the Stick (20G) — Took out both Hunters using only the Sticky Detonator in mission 7.
25. Chief, Smash! (20G) — Killed 3 Crawlers in one hit with the Gravity Hammer in mission 8.
26. Not Some Recruit Anymore (15G) — Ranked up your Spartan-IV to SR-5
27. Movin’ On Up (25G) — Ranked up your Spartan-IV to SR-20.
28. I <3 Red vs Blue (15G) — Won 5 War Games matchmaking matches.
29. Hanging on the Combat Deck (30G) — Won 20 War Games matchmaking matches.
30. Operation Completion (15G) — Completed a Spartan Ops Mission on any difficulty.
31. A Legendary Episode (40G) — Completed all chapters in Spartan Ops Episode 1 on Legendary difficulty.
32. Dedicated to Crimson (80G) — Completed all chapters in the first 5 episodes of Spartan Ops on any difficulty.
33. Crimson Alone (20G) — Completed a Spartan Ops chapter solo on Legendary.
34. Roses vs Violets (20G) — Found one of the RvB Easter Eggs in Spartan Ops.
35. No One Left Behind (20G) — Saved at least one Marine in Chapter 3 of Episode 2 of Spartan Ops on Heroic or harder.
36. Knight in White Assassination (20G) — Assassinated a Knight in any Spartan Ops mission.
37. What Power Outage? (20G) — Completed Chapter 4, Episode 5 of Spartan Ops without losing a generator on Heroic or harder.
38. No Easy Way Out (20G) — In Ch 1, Ep 5 of Spartan Ops survived the enemy assault during the defense on Normal or harder.
39. The Challenged (10G) — Completed a Challenge.
40. The Challenger (20G) — Completed 25 Challenges.
41. Armorer (5G) — Changed your Spartan’s armor in the Spartan Armor card.
42. Badge (5G) — Changed your Emblem in the Spartan ID card.
43. PWND (5G) — Changed your Service Tag in the Spartan ID card.
44. What a Poser! (5G) — Changed your Spartan’s pose in the Spartan ID card.
45. The Cartographer (5G) — Created and saved a Custom Map in Forge.
46. Game Changer (5G) — Created and saved a Custom Game type in War Games.
47. Snapshot! (5G) — Saved a Screenshot from the Theater.
48. The Director (5G) — Saved a Film Clip from the Theater.
49. Sharing is Caring (5G) — Uploaded a File to your File Share.
Halo 4 Walkthrough
Finish the entire campaign with the help of the video guide. There are eight chapters in Halo 4 with most of them being fairly easy to beat. You may have some problems in the higher difficulties but as I mentioned earlier the campaign is pretty easy.
However, here’s a playlist of all the levels in action. Watch them below if you are stuck in the game. The video walkthrough is courtesy of Youtube user theRadBrad and does not contain GamingBolt content.
“Halo 4” marks the return of legendary hero Master Chief, named by Fast Company as “one of the most popular characters in gaming history,”1 and aims to set a new standard for blockbuster interactive entertainment. Set four years after the events in “Halo 3,” Master Chief returns to confront his destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe.
Developed by 343 Industries, “Halo 4” marks a new beginning for the landmark entertainment franchise that has sold more than 40 million games worldwide and inspired multiple New York Times best-selling novels, live-action shorts, comic books, action figures and apparel.
Halo 4 contains a lot of multiplayer unlocks including armor ones, specializations, commendations etc.
Halo 4 is a game that has a lot of unlockables in the multiplayer component. Most of these are the armor ones and we have ways of unlocking them all courtesy of a very hardworking group of Halo fans on Reddit, who have complied an accurate list.
Kudos to them, and full credit goes to them. Image credit: Reddit.
Recruit : Starting Armor
Warrior : Reach the Rank of SR-8
Air Assault : Reach the Rank of SR-11
Soldier : Reach the Rank of SR-15
Aviator : Reach the Rank of SR-17
Defender : Reach the Rank of SR-21
Recon : Reach the Rank of SR-26
EVA : Reach the Rank of SR-27
Warmaster : Reach the Rank of SR-37
Scout : Reach the Rank of SR-38
Orbital : Reach the Rank of SR-41
Infiltrator : Reach the Rank of SR-42
Hazop : Reach the Rank of SR-43
EOD : Reach the Rank of SR-45
Oceanic : Reach the Rank of SR-47
Enforcer : Reach the Rank of SR-50
Mark VI: Legendary Commendation : Complete the campaign on Legendary (Solo or Co-op)
Commando : Dominion Victory Master
Gungnir : Slayer Victory Master
C.I.O. : Spartan Slayer Master
Ranger : Combat Opportunity Master
Venator : Assassin Master
Vanguard : Forerunner Enemy Mastery
Protector : UNSC Loadout Master
E.V.A. BRCH : Hail of Death Master
Infiltrator TRAC : Multikill Master
Defender CTRL : Bullet in the Brain Master
Soldier ZNTH : Spartan Spree Master
Recon Surge : Covenant Loadout Mastery
Warrior Matrix : Forerunner Loadout Mastery
Enforcer Tribal : Turret Mastery
Protector Drift : Weapon Mastery
Orbital AEON : Covenant Destroyer
Aviator Bond : Wheelman Mastery
Air Assault Verg : Vehicle Mastery
Soldier Zenith : Spartan Spree Mastery
Ranger STRK : Protector Mastery
EOD Shadow : Hail to the king Mastery
Vanguard Converge : Flag Victory Mastery
Scout APEX : Oddball Victory Mastery
Commando FRCT : Flood Victory Mastery
Contoured arms CHVR : Perfection Mastery
Recruit Legs Tiger : Exterminator Mastery
Twin-Plated AEON : Close Quarters Mastery
Contoured leg CHVR : Payback Mastery
Raider: Halo Waypoint Classified Unlock
Strider : War Games Map Pass or Limited Edition Halo 4
Scanner : War Games Map Pass or Limited Edition Halo 4
Recruit PRIME : Limited Edition Halo 4
FOTUS: Limited Edition Halo Xbox
Hazop FRST: Pre-order from Gamestop
Vernator Raptor : Pre-order from BestBuy / Mighty Ape
Oceanic CIRCUIT : Pre-order from Walmart
C.I.O. WEB : Pre-order from Amazon
Gungnir Pulse : Pre-order from MS Store / Mighty Ape
Deadeye : Pre-order from BestBuy / Play.com
Locus : Pre-order from Future Shop / Mighty Ape or Play Mountain Dew King of the Hill iPhone app game
Visor Recruit (Blue) – Starting
Visor Blindside (Dark Red) – Earn the Commendation Avenger Master
Visor Cyan (Light Blue)- Earn the Commendation From the Brink Master
Visor Frost (White) – Reach the Rank of SR-29
Visor Legendary (Gold) – Complete the campaign on Legendary (Solo or Co-op)
Visor Midnight (Black) – Reach the Rank of SR-46
Visor Solar (Red) – Reach the Rank of SR-20
Visor Verdant (Green) – Earn the Commendation Splatter Master
Visor Sunspot (Purple & Blue) – Earn the Commendation Assistant Master
Additionally each Specialization unlocks a special visor, usually two-tone
Recruit – Starting
Heroic – Reach the Rank of SR-10
Assassin – Reach the Rank of SR-32
Last Stand – Reach the Rank of SR-50
Breach – Earn the Commendation UNSC Weapons Master
Standoff – Earn the Commendation Covenant Ordnance Mastery
Believe – Earn the Commendation Forerunner Ordnance Mastery
Assault – Earn the Commendation First Strike Master
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)