New Ark: Survival Evolved Patch 1.59 Out On PS4, Fixes Several Issues
Fixes major and minor issues.
ARK: Survival Evolved continues to, well, evolve. Patch 1.59 is now available for the masses on PlayStation 4 and updates the Ragnarok map alongside some stability fixes. Who can’t appreciate a good stability update?
The patch notes boast over 300+ bugs squashed, from the large like mesh hole exploits and floating bushes, to minor mesh collision and the height of grass in a swamp. Some beasties like Spinos and Therizinos have a better chance to spawn while some elements like Coel has been given decreased amounts.
Players also have new things to play around with, the notes, which can be read just below, highlight the features of oil and water veins, dense metal and obisian drops, and 3 caves (2 of them being building caves). Fixes for various teleporting issues have also been dropped with this patch, because there’s nothing more nightmarish than a dinosaur who can teleport around like some kind of superhero.
- ARK 1.59 adds the ability to place tree platforms on some desert rocks
- Oil/water veins
- Explorable canyons
- Dense metal and obsidian locations
- Flat building plateaus
- New vista locations
- 3 caves (2 building caves)
- Increased chance of Spinos spawning
- Decreased total Coel amount in the ocean
- Moved Leeds away from the coast/coastal inlets. Should now spawn farther out in the ocean.
- New Giga Spawn added in the Southwest region (Near Green Obelisk)
- Increased chance of Therizino spawns
- Wyverns added into Purple Crystal Wyvern Den off the coast. This will help eggs show up more frequently as well.
- With ARK 1.59, desert Spawns readjusted and ready for new section of map
Over 300 + Bug Fixes:
- Fixed tall grass in swamp (lowered to not be 3 foundations high)
- Fixed mesh hole exploits
- ARK update 1.59 fixed many player stuck points
- Fixed floating foliage
- Fixed mesh collision
- ARK version 1.59 fixed water now working in rivers
- Fixed player/dino teleport issues
- Fixed some dinosaur spawn issues
- ARK update 1.59 addressed boss fight exploits
- Fixed Dungeon exploits
- ARK 1.59 fixed unreachable resources
- Fixed unobtainable supply drops
- Fixed Proxy issues
- ARK version 1.59 addressed Volume issues