Red Dead Redemption 2 gives you a lot of options to manage your character. These include Talismans and Trinkets, which bestow perks upon you that can boost or rebuff stats to your liking. It also includes War Horses, which are a far better breed of horse than anything else you can get. In this guide, we discuss all of this.
GETTING PERKS VIA TALISMANS AND TRINKETS
Like just about everything else in Red Dead Redemption 2, getting perks is a long, drawn out process. It entails you hunting down Legendary Animals, skinning their pelt, gaining crafting parts that a Fence can synthesize into Talismans and Trinkets, and giving them any other unique items they might need to do so. Oh, and of course, these Talismans and Trinkets also cost extra money, so there is that. Oh, and you don’t want to damage the pelt when you hunt the Legendary animal either.
I love all the systems at play in this game.
One of the Fences in the game can be found early near Emerald Ranch, if you complete a certain story mission, but there are many more to be encountered. Once you find a Fence, you can obtain the following Talismans and Trinkets for yourself.
- Coyote Fang: Needs- Legendary Coyote Fang (Increases Deadeye XP bonus by 10%)
- Beaver Tooth: Needs- Legendary Beaver Tooth (Slows down weapon degradation by 10%)
- Lion’s Paw: Needs- Lion’s Paw (Stamina XP bonus raised by 10%)
- Cougar Fang: Needs- Legendary Cougar Fang (Stamina XP bonus raised by 10%)
- Tatanka Bison Horn: Needs- Legendary Tatanka Bison Horn (Melee defense increased by 10%)
- Pronghorn Horn: Needs- Legendary Pronghorn Horn (Will prevent animal carcass on your horse from rotting)
- Buck Antler: Needs- Legendary Buck Antler (Skinned animal quality will be better)
- Elk Antler: Needs- Legendary Elk Antler (Get 10% more money when looting)
- Moose Antler: Needs- Legendary Moose Antler (Health XP bonus raised by 10%)
- Fox Claw: Needs- Legendary Fox Claw (Can use Eagle Eye for 5s longer)
- Panther’s Eye: Needs- Legendary Panther Eye (Deadeye Bar drains slower)
- Bison Horn: Needs- Abalone Shell Fragment, Legendary Bison Horn, Silver Earring (Stamina core will decrease 10% slower)
- Alligator Tooth Talisman: Needs- Vintage Civil War Handcuffs, Gold Jointed Bracelet, Legendary Alligator Tooth (Decreases Dead Eye Core draining speed by 10%)
- Raven Claw: Needs- Old Brass Compass, Legendary Raven Claw (Weapon degradation slowed by 20%)
- Bear Claw: Needs- Silver Chain Bracelet, Legendary Bear Claw, Quartz Chunk (Health core drains 10% slower)
- Boar Tusk: Needs- Legendary Boar Tusk, Gold Earring, Cobalt Petrified Wood (Horse cores will drain 10% slower)
GETTING A WAR HORSE
War horses are, well, special horses. Higher health, higher stamina, just all around better (although their speed and stamina is lower). You will probably want them, but they’re expectedly harder to get. You can gain one in any one of the following ways:
- You get one if you pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition
- You can tame one in the wild. They are found in Northern Blackwest
- Certain stables sell them—bear in mind though, they are very expensive. They can go as high as $400