SloClap’s action game Sifu has garnered a ton of attention and recognition over the last couple of months for its brilliant gameplay, rogue-lite features, and difficulty. Over the months, the developers have been taking in feedback to improve the game, and a newly released patch does exactly that.
Patch 1.08 adds several new features to the game, such as the much-requested and previously promised difficulty options (which add two new difficulties to select between), a new outfit feature that allows players to change the main character’s outfit in the Wuguan, two new outfits to unlock, an advanced training mode to hone one’s skills, and QoL improvements like adding a dark mode for the UI, and more.
Other changes such as various keyboard input display fixes on PC, a more discreet XP box in the HUD, audio output format selection and audio fixes, and more have also been delivered through the patch.
The patch notes for the update can be found in full below. Sifu is available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC via Epic Games Store.
SIFU PATCH 1.08
- Difficulty options – Players will now be able to choose their difficulty setting in Sifu: Student, Disciple & Master. The original Sifu difficulty level corresponds to the middle setting, Disciple. It is now possible to either play the game in an easier setting, or to make it harder for experienced players who have already finished the game.
- New Outfit feature – Players will now be able to change the main character’s outfit in the Wuguan. All players will be able to unlock two new outfits and more will be added in coming updates. One extra outfit will also be added for all Deluxe edition owners!
- Advanced training mode – In the updated training mode, players will now be able to face any kind of enemy archetype or bosses they have defeated in the story, as well as face multiple enemies at once.
- Dark mode & UI improvements – We have also added various quality of life improvements such as a dark mode for the in-game menus, better mouse & keyboard support and improved HUD readability. We have also added the support of 5.1 sound systems as well as the 21:9 format resolutions.
Full list of changes:
Design – Outfits:
- Added an interactive wardrobe in the Wuguan for Outfit selection
- Added 3 new outfits with unlock conditions
Design – Training room:
- Added most of the in-game enemies types : When you fight and defeat any enemy, you unlock them in the training room, allowing you to train and fight against advanced archetypes and the bosses.
- Added the possibility to fight multiple enemies at once.
- Added the possibility to redo the tutorial.
Design – Difficulty Settings:
Student Difficulty (Easy Mode) :
- More life and structure for the Main Character
- Enemies are less aggressive
- Enemies are less reactive in defense
- Simplified patterns for various archetypes and bosses
- The Death Counter cannot beyond 1
- Better shrine rewards
Disciple Difficulty (Normal Mode) :
- The original Sifu experience
Master Difficulty (Hard Mode) :
- Less life and structure for the Main Character
- More life and structure for various enemies
- Enemies are more aggressive
- Enemies are more reactive in defense
- New patterns for bosses
Design – Hotfixes:
- Fixed the Juggernaut ability to retaliate while defending
- Quicker post parry follow-up with various weapons
- The camera is further away when surrounded by enemies during takedowns and focus
- Fixed issues with 21/9 display screens
- Fixed video looping issue on PS5
- Various rendering fixes for low quality mode
- Fixed some streaming issues
- Fixed some minor texturing issues for Yang’s 3D models
- Add a “Dark Mode” display option to switch between light and dark backgrounds in the -menus, light backgrounds are now slightly less bright
- Popups now warn you more clearly about important choices
- More discreet XP box in HUD
- Clearer feedback when a focus bar is full
- Various keyboard inputs display fixes
- Audio output format selection
- Fix some unwanted behaviour on surround audio systems
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)