Super Bomberman R Patch Fixes Just About Everything That Was Wrong With The Game
That was… unexpected, coming from Konami.
While a lot of fans were overjoyed at the announcement of Super Bomberman R – a brand new game in the classic franchise, that seemed to stay true to the series’ origins, and coming from Konami, the publisher that had renounced games, internally? – that joy evaporated when the game actually launched.
Framerate drops, inconsistent difficulty, lag in online matches, and gating things behind an in game currency that can only be earned via tedious in game repetition all made the game a missed opportunity.
Amazingly, Konami has responded to fan feedback, and released a brand new patch for the game that fixes… well, everything. It’s an all extensive patch, and it really addresses everything that was wrong with the game, or at least, everything that was complained about. You can check out the full patch notes below. Super Bomberman R is available exclusively on the Nintendo Switch.
- Four new VS stages have been added to the shop (White Cross, Lagoon, Max Speed, Power Zone).
- Two new series of accessories have been added to the shop (Crowns, Bombs).
- The frame rate of the entire game has been improved. We also made slight adjustments and improved the controls as well.
- Less lags are likelier to happen when every participant in the Online Battle have good network connection.
- If you want to find opponents with good connection, set Other > Basic Settings > Network Settings to the very left.
- Made it possible to press L/R to change the inclination of he map in the Story Mode. Other > Basing Settings will also allow you to fix the camera position as well.
- You can now choose the strength of the COM on the Multiplayer Battle Mode.
- The strength of the Five Dastardly Bombers on the Story Mode have been adjusted.
- The difficulties of Beginner and Normal have been reduced, making it easier to beat them.
- Adjusted the heights and slopes on some maps to improve the visibility.
- If you continue a certain number of times in the Story Mode, you will be able to continue without paying anymore gems.
- Changed the BP (Battle Point) increase/decrease rate for the League Battle.
- Fixed other various small bugs.