The King of Fighters XIII patch released on PSN; coming soon to Xbox Live
ATLUS and developer SNK PLAYMORE today released the apatch intended to address various issues for The King of Fighters XIII
The game update, now available on PSN and coming soon to Xbox Live, addresses a number of issues, many of which negatively affected online gameplay experience (info as given by the devs):
- Ranked Match Filtering: One of the most requested additions, players may now set conditions for their opponent’s connection. When a player who doesn’t meet the standby conditions tries to enter the Ranked match, a warning message will be displayed and the match cancelled.
- Improved Filtering: Filtering functionality in general has seen dramatic improvements. Previously, certain connection data was not filtered sufficiently and the player had a chance of connecting to opponents with poor connection quality. Now, more aggressive filtering should ensure that players are only matched with opponents who meet their filter settings.
- Improved Connection Antenna: The computation behind the players’ connection antenna, the meter indicating the quality of a player’s connection, has been improved, resulting in a more accurate and consistent measurement.
- Temporarily Saved Custom Match Settings: Players may continue searching for opponents with the same settings as long as the player remains in the PLAYER MATCH/RANKED MATCH menu.
- Character-specific Bug Fixes: “NESTS-Style” Kyo and Iori with the Power of Flames no longer become unresponsive under certain circumstances.
- Additional refinements, fixes, and more!
ATLUS also today announced a limited time $10 price reduction, dropping the game to $39.99.