CryEngine 3 SDK Improvements Detailed
Dedicated server support.
Crytek has detailed the CryEngine 3 improvements for developers. It seems the people who have licensed the engine can avail of these features, and they have also released a free development tool.
It was also the week where Crytek first released its visually stunning FPS game Crytek 5 years ago. Can’t believe it has been that much time already with Crysis 3 set to release next year and is supposed to feature all the improvements of CryEngine 3.
In the week that saw the company’s groundbreaking FPS, Crysis, turn five, the CryENGINE 3.4.3 update carries on Crytek’s tradition of pushing technology forward and providing the development community with the best possible support.
Some of the most notable features offered by the update include:
- Dedicated Server
- Revamped Launcher menu
- Sandbox Welcome screen, link to docs & smart open
- Terrain precision/smoothing improved
- Many tweaks/fixes/cleanups to the Sandbox UI
- SSAO improvements
- Improved SSR
- Terrain shadow casting support
- Box projected cubemaps
- Improved DX9 support for Environment Probes
- Performance Optimizations