Fallout 4 Xbox One Digital Buyers May Have Downloaded The Wrong File By Mistake
Not the file you are looking for.
With Fallout 4’s release almost upon us, no doubt many players are looking at just preloading the game onto their consoles, so they can get the messy business of downloading it out of the way as soon as possible, and get down to just playing the game when it launches. Unfortunately for Xbox One players, they may have downloaded the wrong file from the Xbox Live Marketplace by mistake. Fortunately, there is still time for them to fix that mistake.
“If you’ve digitally pre-ordered the game on Xbox One on or before 10/27 and are NOT using Instant On power mode, you may still have an incorrect “stub file” for the title, which is simply a placeholder file. Players that have this particular version of the stub file will be required to delete it, and reinstall the title,” Bethesda said.
Deleting and reinstalling the game requires the following steps:
- Navigate to My Games & Apps.
- Find the title’s tile in Games.
- With the tile highlighted, press the [Menu] button on your controller.
- Select Manage Game.
- In the Manage Game screen, select the storage device the game is currently installed to.
- Select Uninstall.
- Once the game has uninstalled, return to My Games & Apps.
- Scroll right to the “Ready to Install” section under Games.
- Highlight the title’s tile.
- Press [A] to select.
- Choose Install.
And that’s it- you should be good to go after this. And if you pre-ordered and downloaded after October 27, you have the correct file already, so no worries there.