Halo 5’s UNSC Vehicles Have Been Redesigned, Check Out The First Screens Inside
Brace yourself for the redesigns.
Almost as iconic as Master Chief himself are the vehicles of Halo- the Warthog, the Scorpion, the Mongoose, have all become firmly embedded in the minds of Halo players. Any redesign of these vehicles, then, has a fine line to tread- you want to ensure the new designs are consistent with the games’ changing artstyle, but you also don’t want to risk pissing your fanbase off.
Happily, it looks like 343 Industries have struck that balance- check out the gallery below to see pictures of the redesigned Scorpion, Mongoose, Gungoose, Rocket Warthog, and Gauss Warthog. You’ll be able to earn these in game using the REQ system.
Each vehicle is now improved, according to 343:
- Scorpion: The new Scorpion is called the M820. it is lighter and faster, and has nearly identical firepower and armor protection.
- Mongoose: Bigger than a standard model, and capable of carrying more men and women, the new model has extra armor and extra rugged durability.
- Gungoose: What do you get when you fit two grenade launchers onto a Mongoose? A gungoose! To add to its offensive power, you can still have a rear facing passenger with shooting space on it.
- Rocket Warthog: This particular variant is an improved Rocket Warthog with upgraded armor.
- Gauss Warthog: Glass canons gives the Gauss Warthog a far more offensive capability than the standard model, making it an even more indispensable part of the frontline in the battlefield.
Halo 5: Guardians launches on Xbox One exclusively later this month.