Major update available for Shattered Horizon
Futuremark Games Studio today released a major update for Shattered Horizon, their PC exclusive multiplayer first-person shooter. The update adds some of the most requested features from the games active community, including voice chat, a new rank system, tutorial content, 5:4 monitor support and point limited servers as well as fixing several bugs and issues. The games menus and audio have been given an overhaul and as an added bonus the studio has also released the soundtrack from Shattered Horizon to the community as a free download.
“This update which includes voice chat and other popular suggestions gathered directly from our community makes Shattered Horizon a better experience for all our players,” said Jaakko Haapasalo, producer at Futuremark Games Studio. “And with four new levels coming soon in the free Moonrise content pack Shattered Horizon will soon be even better value too.”
Significant New Features:
– Added in game voice chat support.
– Improved ranking system better tailored to both new and existing players.
– Cosmetic changes to players suit as rank is gained help distinguish between new and experienced players.
– Tutorial screens added to main menu.
– MPR grenades have been made more effective against flying targets.
– HUD targeting brackets no longer appear on spawning astronauts.
– Level loading, team selection and match results screens have been redesigned.
– All game audio has been re-mastered to improve dynamic range.
– Added support for 5:4 monitor resolutions such as 1280×1024.
– Servers can now be set to limit access to players above, below or between configurable point thresholds.
– Server browser list now refreshes player count, level and ping every few seconds. Dead servers are removed from list.
– Added Melee Only (MO) option to server configuration options.
– Fixes for several game and server bugs.
For the complete list of new features, changes, bug fixes and optimizations please visit the Futuremark Games Studio forums.