New Mario Kart 8 Update Adding Three Mercedes-Benz Cars, Plus Loads of Requested Features
These look so hilariously out of place…
When Mario Kart 8 released exclusively on the Wii U earlier this year, we absolutely loved it, calling it a hallmark of game design, and Nintendo’s purest game in years. That said, the game did have its issues, and in a rare move, Nintendo has taken to addressing them in an upcoming update for the game, that fixes a lot of the niggles with the game, and also adds three Mercedes-Benz cars to the game. Yes, Mercedes-Benz cars. You read that right. In a Mario Kart game. No, really. You can see the trailer above if you don’t believe me.
Among the new features the update adds are included:
- Drivers will now have the option to display the course map on the TV screen during races.
- Users will be able to check out statistics such as their total number of coins accumulated, win-loss record from online play, and their most frequently selected character overall.
- Users will be able to change options of others’ Mario Kart TV downloaded highlight reels, such as changing the focus to a new character or event.
- The order of the menu after each race will be changed to “ Next Race”, followed by “Watch Highlight Reel”.
- The game will remember the most recent customized kart settings that were selected, even if the Wii U system is powered down.
- Improvements to stability of connection in online play to enhance the user experience.
Starting 27th August and all the way through 23rd September, Nintendo and Mercedes-Benz will also host an online worldwide “Mercedes Cup” tournament. All competitors need is a Wii U console, Mario Kart 8, a broadband Internet connection and the Mercedes-Benz karts. Access to the “Mercedes Cup” in the game can be found in the online tournament section.
Stay tuned to GamingBolt for more coverage of Mario Kart.