OXM Duke Nukem Forever scans: Info Blowout
A user (Martin) has sent us the scans of the latest issue of OXM which is carrying a long feature on Duke Nukem: Forever.
The scans show some new screens from the game and carries of host of new information about the game.
We’ll mine out the important tidbits for you later. For now, enjoy the scans and let us know if you find something interesting yourselves.
These also carry the first ever multiplayer screenshots for Duke Nukem Forever.
Here are some important details which we’ve collected for you below:
- 4 gameplay modes will be there in multiplayer: Dukematch, Team Dukematch, Capture the Babe and Hail to the King (King of the Hill mode).
- 8 player max, 4 vs 4 in case of team based matches.
- In ‘Capture the Babe’ when you grab the other teams babe sometimes she’ll start to freak out as you take her back to your base, so you have to give her a gentle smack to quieten her down
- 10 maps at launch, maps include; remade Dukeburger where all Dukes are miniature running around a giant world, ‘Morning Wood’ old west town, Vegas Casinos, etc.
- Jetpack only shows up in some multiplayer maps, isn’t in single player
- Holoduke will be just like Duke 3d, but this time around the player becomes cloaked, allowing for sneak melee kills
- Steriods allow Duke to do one hit kill punches, also allows for faster run speeds, cannot use weapons, not sure if their immune to Shrinker anymore like in Duke 3d.
- When shrunk by the Shrinker, the mini-Duke can still use weapons, but they only do 10% of the normal damage
- You can plant trip bombs on players and enemies
- Confirmed weapons; pistol, shotgun, ripper chaingun, pipebomb, rpg, shrinker, railgun, freezer, devestator, tripbomb. Can only use 2 primary weapons at once along with pipebombs and tripbombs.
- As you kill other players you gain experience points, which, when acquiring enough of them, you can spend the points on customizing your Duke. Basic kills get basic points, but specialty one time achievement kills like killing someone when using the holoduke or funny kills like killing yourself with the pipebomb by accident, gives you bonus points.
Thanks, Martin for rounding it up for us.
Scans don’t do justice to this feature. Go out and buy a copy of OXM right now!
Duke Nukem: Forever releases in April for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.