Project CARS 2 Officially Announced
It will bring off roading to the series.
Even though the original pitch for Project CARS was one of a game that would become a platform for delivering high authenticity racing to players, constantly updated over the next decade or so, removing the need for a traditional sequel entirely, rumblings of a Project CARS 2 have been pretty common, even though the first game just came out relatively recently after a string of delays. It makes sense too- after all, it was such a huge success.
Well, now Project CARS 2 has been officially announced, and like the first one, it will be crowdfunded via World of Mass Development, the same portal through which fans were able to fund the original, in an attempt to lead to the same kind of fan engagement that the original game enjoyed in its development.
The new game promises to have multiple new features, including:
- The Largest Track Roster Ever – 50 unique locations and 200+ courses including ‘loose surface racing’ on dirt, gravel, mud, and snow. All will have dynamic time of day and weather allowing you to play any time, anywhere
- The Widest Variety of Motorsports – with 8 different disciplines now including Rallycross, Hillclimbs, and Touge. 200+ cars from over 40 different vehicle classes including never-before-seen Concepts and Banned Race Cars
- Co-op Career – Play as the Teammate Driver, Spotter, Driver Swap, or Co-Pilot. More choices, more opportunities, more strategy, greater risks and greater rewards
- Seamlessly Connected – Socialize and compete via Online Track Days, have players from around the world take the place of AI-controlled drivers in your solo play, and get news updates on the Driver Network around you
- Pro Esports Racing – Skill & Behavioural-based matchmaking, create your own Online Racing Leagues, and Live Broadcast and Spectator functionality
- Your Home for Racing – Your own personal, customisable Test Track to tune and test your cars. Invite others to showcase your passion for racing and learn race craft and engineering with the Project CARS Academy
Project CARS 2 will release on PS4, Xbox One, and SteamOS. Curiously enough, no mention of a Wii U or even general PC release is yet to be found.
We will keep you posted.