PS Vita firmware 2.00 now live, best update yet
The buttons on the PS Vita system can now be used with more applications.
Your PS Vita can now read emails, how cool is that? But people are reporting that, the emails don’t have any images, and it’s something that could be fixed in later updates. You can count on Sony to mess something up, but overall, the update is fantastic, and we have the details for you.
The update also brings the famous PS Plus to the system, which means instant game collection, and if you already have a subscription on the PS3, you don’t need to do anything else and can enjoy its features. You can also use Wi-Fi to transfer content between PS Vita and PC.
Weather support has been added to the maps, and the display performance in the browser has been improved. There could be some hidden features too which Sony doesn’t usually report, but looks like this is all there is. The web browser has been improved as mentioned earlier and the HTML5 test score has jumped from 53 to 243 which is a massive improvement.
You can check a detailed list below.
- Support for PlayStation Plus has been added.
- [Email] has been added to the home screen.
- You can now transfer content between the PS Vita system and a PC using Wi-FI.
- You can now transfer a folder from a PS3 system or a PC to the PS Vita system.
- [Maps] can now display weather information.
- The display performance in [Browser] has been significantly improved.
- The buttons on the PS Vita system can now be used with more applications.
- In [Settings], you can now set how you will be alerted depending on the notification type.
- Turkish has been added as a system language.
- In addition, the usability of many features has been improved.