We’ve been looking for Nintendo to drop some details or any kind of hint about the inevitable yet somehow still unannounced Wii U Zelda title, but ever since we got a look at the tech demo all those months ago, we haven’t really had much to go on.
However, a new batch of details has emerged. An anonymous source has given a bunch of details to Zelda Informer. Now, these details may be completely bogus, and none of this is officially confirmed, so while they’re interesting, and something to go on, take them with a pinch of salt.
Here they are:
- The game will be revealed in some form at E3 2013. The game most likely won’t be released until early 2014 (it’s still in the early development stages). We may see an eShop demo in late 2013.
- The game will feature a different art style than the HD tech demo shown off when the Wii U was unveiled. Early concept artwork looks like they’re sticking with Skyward Sword‘s style for now.
- Nintendo of Japan prefers Skyward Sword‘s motion controls to the GamePad. However, they are aware that some fans still prefer traditional buttons or will want to use the GamePad.
- Nintendo of Japan was surprised at how well-received the romance was between Link and Zelda inSkyward Sword and intends to flesh it out further for Zelda U. Because this dynamic was favored more in the West than by Japanese audiences, Nintendo of America is looking to popular American romance stories. Names like Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey have popped up in conversation, but the extent to which they will inspire the next Zelda is unknown.
- Developers are weighing the pros and cons for both full voice acting and whether or not Link will speak.
- A well-known character from a past game is returning in some way. This character may or may not be the in the same role and/or form as they was in the past.
The influence Skyward Sword seemingly has on this project seems really interesting, and the recurring characters sound interesting. And voice acting? Yes please!
So our curiosity has definitely been piqued.
What do you guys think? Tell us in your comments below.