Super Mario Maker New Update Adds More Level Creation and Search Tools
It’s a pretty substantial update.
Nintendo has released a new update for Super Mario Maker, their Mario themed course creation suite that they launched exclusively for the Wii U in September. The new update 1.3.0 adds new objects that can be added to user created courses, and also comes in conjunction with a new bookmark site for the game, that will include more powerful search filters for searching for levels, also letting players bookmark anything they like, so they can access them more easily on their Wii U.
In addition to this, minor changes have also been made to how levels are named, presumably to stop level creators to stop begging for Likes and Favorites. You can see the full patch notes below:
- Add objects such as Fire Koopa Clown Car.
- Add linkage with the Super Mario Maker Bookmark portal site that will allow a more detailed course search.
- Users will no longer be able to use the words “Like”, “Yeah!”, and the “★” symbol in their course names.
- Please change the course name when saving a course that includes these words.
- “World Record (fastest player to clear the course)” and the “First Clear (first player to clear the course)” will be listed for each course.
- For courses that were posted prior to the Ver. 1.30 update, only the “World Record (fastest player to clear the course)” will displayed.
- Adjustments will be made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
Super Mario Maker is available now on the Wii U. It was a nominee for GamingBolt’s Wii U Game of 2015.