Want To Play Dark Souls 3 Right Now? Here’s How
Prepare to die ‘early’.
Fans of Dark Souls 3 have found a way to play the game a couple of weeks ahead of the Western launch on the Xbox One. The hype for the game has been hitting a fever pitch for a while now thanks to the release of a number of trailers as well as a peek at what it’s going to require in order to play the PC version. Those who want a work around when it comes to getting hold of the game early can do just that by downloading the English version of Dark Souls 3 from the Japanese store.
A user on the subreddit found out a way to download the Japanese version of From Software’s latest and showed people how to get the game in English, despite the fact that it doesn’t come to the US until April 12. The process is not a short one, but players can basically trick the Japanese Xbox One store to give them the game, even if they are no where near Japan. Check out the process below and tell us if it worked for you because Microsoft will likely be fixing this exploit soon. Dark Souls 3 officially launches in the US on April 12.
- Purchase Japanese Xbox credit (the game costs ¥7,452) through a site such as Amazon.co.jp or the Japanese Microsoft Store. You’ll have to use a Japanese billing address.
- Enter those codes on the Japanese Xbox site’s payments and billing page right here, then click option “ご利用コードを使う,” before hitting confirm.
- Go Settings, Location and change the option to 日本語 (Japanese) on your Xbox One.
- Reboot the console with these new settings.
- Hit RB twice on the home screen in order to get to ゲーム (the games store).
- Select Dark Souls 3 and press A. If you’re using these tips on a later date, you may have to scroll further if DS3 is moved around on the store.
- On the store page will be 4 boxes – select the one with the price of the game in Yen, and press A.
- When your balance in Yen is shown, press confirm. If this doesn’t work then you’ll need to add a Japanese billing address under the option with the “+” sign next to it.
- Download the game by pressing the button that previously showed the price.