Watch Dogs On PS4 Has A Stable Frame Rate, Tons of Gameplay Info Revealed
Cars have cockpit view? Oh yeah, they do.
Watch Dogs Creative Director Jonathan Morin recently took to Twitter and divulged some pretty solid information on the game, mostly related to the gameplay. Morin did, however, also talk about the game’s frame rate on different platforms.
The PS4 version of Watch Dogs, for example, runs very smoothly, according to Morin. “I’m playing on PS4 for my current walkthrough and its very stable/constant,” he said.
The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions also look “very good for current generation”, Morin says. “Very good for CG,” he said. “We had a dedicated team on that since the beginning.”
He also talked about gameplay in a little more detail and released some pretty interesting info:
- You can rob pawn shops. It yields varying amounts of money, but you lose reputation.
- NPCs in the game don’t just investigate or fight, but they have more going on.
- They have to deal with inesplicable malfunction caused by the player, without his position being spoiled. You can even blow them up without them knowing what hit them.
- You can hack so many things as you progress in the game that you can basically turn NPCs into your puppets.
- The AI in Watch_Dogs is more advanced than in the usual open world games because the chain of events they have to deal with is more complex.
- Online invasion of other players’ games can even result in 20-30 minutes of “epic chase.”
- The game’s city is big, but not big just for the sake of being big, as depth and density are more important.
- Normal foes dies quickly, requiring just 2-3 bullets or a headshot, but there are “mean mother******” that are better protected.
- Cars have cockpit view because “it’s cool” and fits well with the flow.