AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition announced, offers 4.04 TFLOPS of performance
AMD has unveiled its latest card to compete with Nvidia’s 680 GTX, it’s called the 7970 GHZ edition and packs quite a punch. There are a bunch of reviews already out at the usual tech sites, but AMD has officially announced it today.
It looks the same like the vanilla card but contains a lot of boosted specs, which makes it the fastest card in the world, according to some benchmarks. AMD calls it the worlds fastest and the most versatile GPU.
“Even with ultra settings and a resolution of 2560×1600, the HD 7970 GHz Edition is the fastest single-GPU graphics card in today’s most demanding titles. For example, Batman: Arkham City, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Battlefield 3 all run better on AMD Radeon,” reads the AMD blog.
It offers upto 4.04 TFLOPS of performance and consumes more than 250 watts.
- Engineered for incredible DirectX 11 gaming, the AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition enables staggering performance in the most demanding games, like DiRT Showdown, Sniper Elite V2 and Nexuiz.
- Think of it as turbo for the GPU. Get automatic overclocking on the fly for better performance in your favorite games with AMD PowerTune technology, now with Boost.
- Accelerate the applications you use every day. Get faster performance in Adobe® Creative Suite 6, Corel WinZip and GIMP with AMD App Acceleration on the AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition.
- The next generation of AMD Eyefinity technology is here, featuring all-new support for stereo 3D, universal bezel compensation and brand new display configurations for up to six monitors. Face it: the best just got better.
- Ready for the world’s highest-resolution displays: Featuring full support for HDMI (with 4K) and DisplayPort 1.2 HBR2, the AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition is ready for displays up to 4096×2160.
You can find the full specification here
. It will be priced at $500. It has been developed under the 28nm manufacturing process, which is a first.