Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Guide – How to Farm Silver, and Recommended Weapons and Gears Locations
Stock up on currency and find all of the weapons and armor.
Silver is your main currency in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. It’s used to purchase materials, especially hard-to-find ones like Nickel Ingots, and is also used to hire raiders for your crew. As such, finding it isn’t hard – simply explore camps and other areas, looting as many nearby sources as possible to earn some. Also make sure you keep an eye on Trinkets since they can be sold for a decent amount.
Otherwise, you’ll want to embark on raids – these will net various treasures and slain foes can also be looted for Silver. In town, there are Flytings and Drinking Contests that you can bet on which provide a nice amount of Silver with each win.
Recommended Starting Weapons and All Gear Locations
Despite having a loot system, you’ll be surprised at how pared down Valhalla is compared to Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. You’ll receive Varin’s Axe early in the game and it’s worth upgrading for the first several hours. Pair this with the Iron-Star Flail which can be found north of Kjotve’s Fortress in Rygjafylke. Those who prefer a more defensive option should opt for a shield.
Other useful weapons you’ll come across include Fafnir’s Fang, a spear gained from defeating Erik Loyalskull. It’s very useful for poking at range and hitting multiple enemies at once. Travel north from Fornburg to find it in a cave. Let’s take a look at other weapons and gear, at least those discovered up till Sciropescire. First, there’s the Rygjafylke region:
- Yngling Seax Weapon – Raven Gear Dagger. Located in Stavanger by dropping through a hole in the house’s roof.
- Fine Hammer – Raven Gear War Hammer. Head to the Marauder’s Den and look for the hanging platform in a tree. Climb the house opposite to it and jump across.
- Bone Biter – Wolf Gear Fine Dane Axe. On the region map, look for a small island called Ikke en Oy. The weapon is located in the house on this island.
- Recurve Bow – Raven Gear Fine Predator Bow. Located in an underground room found by traveling north-west from Haervik Shipyard.
- Iron-Star – Bear Gear Fine Flail. As noted above, it’s located north of Kjotve’s Fortress. Look for a house and you’ll find it inside.
Next up, let’s look at all the gear from the Ledecestrescire region.
- Skadi’s Wrath – Bear Gear Fine Light Bow. Located in the church south of Ledecestrescire.
- Hidden Ones’ Gloves – Raven Gear Superior Bracers. Head to the Ratae Bureau – you’ll see some weights hanging from the ceiling. Shoot the hook and the weights will break through the floor to the cellar. Venture to the cellar to find the gloves.
- Hrafn Guard – Raven Gear Fine Light Shield. Travel north-east from Alcestre Monastery until you happen on a temple. Climb from the back and shoot the door bolt to open the entrance. You’ll have to fight some enemies within so fefeat them and loot the Hrafn Guard from the chest.
- Huntsman Helm – Wolf Gear Superior Helmet. Travel north-west from Tonnastadir until you find a longhouse. Acquire a key from there and use it to unlock the secret passage where the helm awaits.
- Huntsman Cloak – Wolf Gear Superior Cloak. Head to Templebrough Fort’s north-west part. Look for a hanging block and shoot it. This will crash through the ground – jump into the hole where the cloak is located.
- Fyrd Spear – Raven Gear Fine Spear. Head to Offchurch’s crypt and before fighting the Skirmisher, look for a destructible wall on the left. Destroy it, swim into the water and eventually you’ll find a chest with the spear.
Next, let’s look at all of the gear and weapons in Grantebridgescire.
- Huntsman Vambraces – Wolf Gear Superior Braces. During the World Event “Skal to Your Wealth” (which is north-west of Besumcen), you’ll end up in a pit. The braces are found in the chest.
- Kite Shield – Bear Gear Fine Heavy Shield. Go west from the Medleburne Grantebridgescire region. You’ll eventually discover a hut guarded by a number of tough enemies. Take them down and then head inside to claim the Kite Shield.
- Huntsman Armor – Wolf Gear Superior Torso. Remember where you picked up Skadi’s Wrath? The Huntsman Armor is in a building next to it.
- Housecarl’s Axe – Wolf Gear Superior Bearded Axe. After completing the “Skal to Your Wealth” World Event, head west of Middeltun. Fight the Brandisher and then use the key from the World Event to obtain the Housecarl’s Axe.
- Thor’s Pants – Travel north of the Isle of Ely Monastery. There will be a boss at this location – defeat it and the pants are yours.
- Huntsman Breeches – Wolf Gear Superior Pants. Venture to the Soham Hideout and look for a hut to find the breeches.
Now, let’s look at the gear and weapons you can find in East Anglia.
- Magister’s Cloak – Raven Gear Superior Cloak. Venture to Serpent’s Landing and look for a red tent. Pick up the key from the table outside and then search around the western part to find the cloak.
- Thor’s Helmet – This one’s a bit tricky. First, you need to defeat the Daughters of Lerion – Regan, Cordelia and Goneril – and obtain their daggers. Cordelia and Regan are in East Anglia while Goneril is in Grantebridgescire. Once this is done, travel east of King’s Bury until you find a secret entrance that leads underground. There will be three statues to place the daggers in. Do this and Thor’s Helmet is yours.
- Magister’s Mask – Raven Gear Superior Helm. During the raid in King’s Bury, open the main door of the church to find the mask.
- Plank and Buckler – Bear Gear Superior Heavy Shield. Search the caves in East Anglia until you find a guard. Take the key next to him and then venture forth until you find a destructible wall. Throw a torch through the gap to blow it up and step inside to collect the shield.
- Carolingian Longsword – Bear Gear Superior Great Sword. Look for a tent in the Forest Hideout – the sword will be inside.
Next, let’s look at gear in the Oxenefordscire region.
- Magister’s Pants – Travel north of Oxeneforda until you find a church. Defeat the guards and then shoot the window in the middle to climb inside. You’ll find a big stone that houses a key. Pick it up (the key, not the stone) and then climb out of the window, heading upwards. The Magister’s Pants will be inside a chest above.
- Magister’s Tunic – Located north-east of Oxeneforda in a garrison. Through the villa, use the fire pots to enter and obtain the tunic.
- Brigandine Cape – Travel north-west of Quatford and look for a destructible wall. The cape will be inside it.
Finally, let’s look at gear that can be found in the Sciropescire region.
- Brigandine Helm – Located to the east of the Hill Gate Remnants. Look for a chest with Odin Vision.