Battlefield: Bad Company 2 receives a 2.6GB patch on the PC and it also removes the DRM. We have to wonder why it took so long for them to remove DRM, since it has been almost a year since the game came out.
The reasons for a giant patch are, ““While it would have been technically possible to create a smaller patch for those who have Client R10 installed already, that would have delayed the release of the patch even further – so we thought it better to release a larger patch now, than a smaller patch sometime in the future.”
Check out the full patch notes below and tell us what you think in the comments section.
- Removed some memory leaks
- Fixed crashes when the game attempted to render lots of content (high detail, high FOV or multiple-monitor modes); this should particularly help multi-monitor users
- Chat window no longer causes lag spikes
- Chat window reworked opacity & visibility-time is controllable through settings in settings.ini
- Clantag is remembered when using auto-login
- Banner URLs can be up to 252 characters in length
- SecuROM wrapper removed from non-Steam version
- Minor performance enhancements
- Reduced rubberbanding on servers with more than 24 active players
- PrintScreen takes a screenshot, file stored in Documents\BFBC2\Screenshots directory