A week after the release of Baldur’s Gate 3, developer Larian has released a bunch of stats about the game’s launch weekend. The studio has revealed that time spent playing Baldur’s Gate 3 adds up to a combined 1,225 years.
The studio also gives us a breakdown about various aspects of the game, such as the most popular races and classes during character creation, as well the most popular origin characters picked by players. Going by the charts, Half-Elf and Human lead the pack, with Elf being a close third choice. Githyanki seems to be the least popular choice among players making their own characters.
For class choice, Paladin leads the pack, followed by Sorcerer and Warlock. The least popular class choices are Monk, Druid, and Cleric. Around 93% of all players during the game’s launch made custom characters, with the remaining 7% opting to play as one of the origin characters.
Speaking which, Gale was the most popular origin character for players, followed by Karlach and Astarion. Lae’zel seems to be the least popular origin character for players during the game’s launch weekend.
The studio has revealed further details about how Baldur’s Gate 3 has been played. For example, an early morality choice indicates that 65.1% of players veered on the side of good, while 34.9% chose the evil option. The dog Scratch has been pet over 750,000 times by players, while 1.4 million players used the Speak with the Dead spell, and 2.4 million players used the Speak with Animals spell.
Wrapping things up, 368 players managed to finish Baldur’s Gate 3 during its opening weekend. On the other hand, players have also spent a combined 88 years in the game’s character creation, with nearly 10% of players spending at least an hour with the detailed creator.