The latest issue of Game Informer is out, and true to promise, there’s loads of info about the upcoming sequel to last year’s visceral Batman Arkham Asylum. Fans have apparently taken to the net, flooding blogs and forums with info right out of the magazine. A compilation of this list is reproduced below.
As far as gameplay is concerned, the designers are probably looking at mixing things up, with there being several overhauls to the coire gameplay:
– You are now able to counter two attacks at once
– More puzzles
– All gadgets included in the first game are available from the start
– Side missions now feature in the game
– Gangs roam Arkham City, these are recorded in Batman’s criminal database
– You find people who work for Ridler to find Ridler challenges
– Batman has his smoke bomb
The story seems to be all set to surprise and thrill once again too, as the following information will attest to:
– Quincy Sharp is no running for mayor.
– Arkham Asylum and Black Gate Prison are unfit to hold inmates.
– Quincy Sharp buys off part of the slums and walls it off, creating Arkham City.
– Hugo Strange is in charge of Arkham City.
– Two-Face plans to execute Catwoman to gain respect of inmates.
– The overdose of venom may not be what’s wrong with the Joker.
Colour me excited- very excted.
Batman: Arkham City hits the Ps3 and Xbox 360 fall next year.