Battlefield 1 Gets Hardcore Mode, Battlefest Has Now Begun
Good times await Battlefield 1 players.
EA and DICE’s Battlefield 1 shows no signs of stopping- the company is going to celebrate its mammoth multiplayer community with a series of events all designed to keep players engaged over the new couple of weeks, all coming with the new update for the game available now. Chief of these, however, will be the addition of the Hardcore Mode, which removes aim assist and the minimap.
Also being added in this update is a Fog of War mode, which, as the name suggests, restricts sight. But perhaps most importantly, this update marks the beginning of the Battlefest, which will be a ten day long celebration where players can participate in a bunch of events, missions and the ability to earn exclusive dog tags.
You can check out the full details of what events await over the next few days for yourself below. Battlefield 1 is available now on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
Thursday, November 17
- PTFO Battlefest Mission: Complete this Battlefield 1 mission and you will receive the PTFO weapon skin. Play Battlefield 1 on three different days during Battlefest and win a match in Operations to succeed.
- Road to Battlefield 1 Mission: This is for the Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline players. Get 25 kills with the M1911 in either game to get the Road to Battlefield 1 Dog Tag and the M1911 Incarcerator weapon skin in Battlefield 1*.
- Battlefest Battlepack Update: A new and Battlefest-branded revision of Battlepacks will be available.
Friday, November 18
- Black Friday Sale: Get a great deal on Battlefield 1 and other EA games at your favorite online distributor.
- #FridayNightBattlefield Battlefest: Want to melee a Battlefield 1 developer? We’ve prepped a ton of servers for this special #FridayNightBattlefield and an exclusive Friday Night Dog Tag will be handed out at this event.
- 2XP Event:Battlefield Hardline and Battlefield 4 players will get double XP when playing on November 18.
Sunday, November 20
- Battlefest Community Videos: Learn to PTFO by some of the most renowned Battlefield community members.