Battlefield 1 Turning Tides Update Adds New Maps, Operation and Conquest Assault
The first wave of content from the new DLC is now available for Premium Pass owners.
DICE’s Battlefield 1 has received the first wave of content from its Turning Tides DLC. This is available for Premium Pass and Revolution Edition owners – players looking to make standalone purchases will be able to access it on December 24th.
The update brings two new maps – Cape Helles which explores the invasion of the Gallipoli peninsula and Achi Baba, an infantry map in the Dardanelles as players battle towards Krithia. You can also expect a new Operation in Gallipoli where the battle takes place in the SS River Clyde to Sedd el Bahr. Eventually, you’ll make your way to Achi Baba as the defenders attempt to stop you.
Conquest Assault is also a new mode, expanding on the original Conquest mode and seeing defenders with all the flags already captured. Attackers will the point advantage but must capture all the flags. Defenders can only spawn on squad-mates if a flag has been captured so you better hope the attackers don’t have all the flags.
Check out some of the patch notes below with more information offered here.
- Weapon Assignments will now display progress as a percentage
- Addressed an issue where players would occasionally be awarded the incorrect points towards Medal progress when capturing a Supply Drop
- Players can now make progress toward the Eyes On The Prize service assignment when completing kills, earned by Assist Counts As Kill, while prone behind a Sniper Shield
- Players no longer receive a “Retreater Killed” score bonus for killing themselves, or teammates, when retreating in Operations
- Added an option to disable the Lens Distortion postprocess effect in the Video options menu
- Players can now choose between hiding, always showing, or making the network performance graph appear only when there are ongoing networking issues
- Spectator Table Top View – Reformatted objective/player/free camera icons so they are pushed to the edge of the screen
- Fixed an issue that displayed the “switch to secondary weapon” tooltip while swimming even if it was not available to be used while swimming
- Fixed an issue where players would see a score discrepancy between End of Round screens and in-game scoreboards in Operations
- Fixed an issue where score multipliers were displaying inaccurately in Operations’ End of Round screens
- Changed Dynamite to work properly in water – covered in wax for waterproofing
- Fixed an issue where the gas cloud VFX would not be visible to some players
- Addressed an issue where vehicles would sometimes get stuck mid-air when traveling on a bridge while it was being destroyed
- Fixed an issue where the gunners in the Y-Lighter Landing Craft were not seeing correct hit markers while aiming down sight
- Spawning vehicles will now automatically remove nearby placed explosives such as AT Mines or Dynamite to avoid vehicle spawn camping
- The MAS Torpedo Boat and Y-Lighter Landing Craft no longer trigger AA gun detonation
- Captains of the MAS Torpedo Boat and Y-Lighter Landing Craft can now self-repair the craft
- Addressed an issue where a transport vehicle would occasionally disappear while still in use
- Improved the bayonet sprint penalty on the Model 1900 shotgun’s bayonet
- Improved spread and recoil for the Model 1900 Shotgun
- Fixed an issue where players would hear the bayonet charge sound-state after cancelling a bayonet charge
- Removed ability to switch to empty K Bullets
- Fixed an issue where players were able to fire their weapon during reload
- Significantly increased the damage dealt to vehicles and behemoths by the 305/52 O Coastal Gun
- Fortress and Coastal Turrets now use the same disable and repair logic as the field gun, AA, and coastal gun. This means that upon reaching 50% health, they become disabled, and repairing them in full will make them usable again
- Fixed an issue where the reload UI for the 305/52 O Coastal Gun would not update the first time the player entered the vehicle
- Incendiary projectiles now block aim assist for the duration of the fire
- The Scout class can place two projectiles of each trip wire gadget (gas, HE, incendiary)
- Fixed an issue that delayed firing the Mosin-Nagant M91 after throwing a grenade
- Fixed an issue that would cause the scope to wobble, on the Mosin-Nagant M91, after rechambering, and realigned the iron sights
- Improved the delay when switching to K Bullets with the Mosin-Nagant M91 Marksman
- Fixed an issue causing the deploy screen to be drawn during Operation intro cinematics and forcing the user to quit out of the game
- Made improvements to the snap-to-target-on-zoom aim assist system to make it more subtle.
- Adjusted player movement to avoid “sprint to slide” exploitation
- Fixed an issue where the soldier movement accelerations would not be corrected at different tickrates resulting in different accelerations at 30Hz, 60Hz and 120Hz.
- Adjusted the soldier accelerations to maintain the movements responsiveness after the tickrates correction.
- Fixed an issue where crawling SFX from prone soldiers would not trigger reliably in third person
- Fixed an issue where players would not hear “incoming” sound from various shell rounds
- Adjusted third person soldier movement SFX by making it quieter when crouching or prone
- Fixed an issue that caused swimming SFX to repeatedly play
- Added SFX for diving/jumping in water
- The effect radius of the Ammo Crate and Medical Crate have been raised from 3.5m to 7m. This means teammates do not have to stack extremely tightly to gain their benefits
- Cavalry health regeneration delay has been reduced to normal soldier values, reducing the need for players to constantly dismount to regenerate health with Health Pouches
- Adjusted Perimeter Alarm to allow Tripwire Bombs to Squad Spot enemies within 10m when detonated
- Fixed an issue where some Elite kits were regenerating health at default soldier rates and not the intended values
- The Flash Flare will now Suppress enemies that stand near it. This is intended to boost its ability to disrupt enemy combat effectiveness
- Fixed an issue where revived soldiers from the Stimulant Syringe specialization were not receiving the sprint boost
- Fixed an issue where stationary and airborne soldiers could potentially make footstep SFX
- Improved spawn point reservations when multiple players selected the same point simultaneously
- Now players can only spawn on Squad Leaders in the Back to Basics custom game mode
- Increased visibility of large water explosion at a distance
- Fixed an issue that caused players to hear underwater SFX and mix states, when not in the water