Battlefield 1 Turning Tides Will Be Released In Two Phases Over December and January
But it will have the British Royal Marines, so there is reason to be happy.
DICE has announced its plans for the next major content update that Battlefield 1, its World War 1 era themed multiplayer shooter, is due to get. The new content is collectively called ‘Turning Tides’, but unlike the existing expansions and DLC so far, it will be released in two distinct chunks over December and January, DICE confirmed today.
As always, you will get new maps, new guns, new class, new vehicles, as well as access to the Royal Marines of the British Army. On the whole, you are likely to like what you get here if you have liked the previous expansions, though bear in mind that the British Royal Marines are being held back for the January update.
You can get the full details on the two planned updates for yourself below. Battlefield 1 launched last year for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. It has since received two content updates, They Shall Not Pass, and In The Name of the Tsar.
December 2017 (Battlefield 1 Premium Pass owners)
- Gallipoli (Operation): Defend or attack sectors on the Cape Helles and Achi Baba maps in a new, epic Operation.
- 6 new guns: Find your new favorite weapon among the M1917 Trench Carbine, Maschinenpistole M1912/P.16, Farquhar-Hill, M1917 MG, Carcano M91 Carbine, and Type 38 Arisaka.
- 2 new melee weapons: The new Naval Cutlass and Grappling Hook melee weapons are perfect for close and personal fights.
- L-Class Destroyer: Rule the waves with the mighty Destroyer and take on sea, air, and ground units with its cannons, torpedoes, AA guns, and mines.
- C-Class Airship: Deliver death from above in a nimble airship with room for a pilot with three gunners.
- Infiltrator Elite Class: Hide in plain sight and move faster across the battlefield with the new Infiltrator Elite pickup.
January 2018 (Battlefield 1 Premium Pass owners)
- Heligoland Bight (map): Engage in an epic naval clash as the British Royal Marines and German Navy pit dreadnoughts, destroyers, and aircraft against each other while infantry troops fight by the iconic red cliffs of Rocky Cove.
- Zeebrugge (map): Take part of the daring British raid on the Belgian port of Bruges-Zeebrugge with rough waves and a vast German mole as backdrop. Fight at sea, in the air, and in close-quarter infantry environments.
- Royal Marines (British army): Don the characteristic blue uniform of the British Empire’s elite naval troops and charge into battle with the new Royal Marines.