Call of Duty: Ghosts Update Released for Wii U
Generally, if the Wii U ever does get a third party game, it can’t count on any post launch support- no DLC, no patches, no updates, nothing. That is why it’s so refreshing to see that Call of Duty: Ghosts on Wii U has actually gotten a patch pushed for it from Infinity Ward that fixes a variety of things.
This automatically makes it a much better third party option on the Wii U than something like Batman: Arkham Origins (which skipped online support for the Wii U version entirely) or Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (which won’t be getting any DLC on the Wii U).
The patch also adds a Gamepad player panel that allows players to mute individual players during multiplayer matches, making the process streamlined and easier. The full range of fixes and updates are listed below:
Wii U specific features and changes
- Added a GamePad Scoreboard panel
- Individual players can be muted by tapping the speaker icon next to their name on the Gamepad Scoreboard
- Addressed an issue that allowed players to move hit markers around during a killcam with the Wii Remote
- Addressed and improved texture resolution in Campaign
- Fixed an issue that prevented a second player from signing on in some situations
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to go prone in some portions of the Strikezone map
- Improved placement of hit markers when using the Wii Remote
- Fixed an issue that allowed the player to spawn in without a team in certain circumstances
- Fixed an issue where players could get inside a wall in Stormfront
- Disabling music will now also disable the rank-up music
- Fix for Search and Rescue exploit using worldspawn damage to produce tag.
- Fixed split screen UI issue that could potentially leave player in a bad state.
- Fixed not showing attachments and weapon camo for players while in private match lobby.
- Fixed dog’s extended kill not showing properly in final killcam.
- Fixed loadouts appearing restricted if a restricted perk was selected in specialist strike package even though specialist wasn’t equipped.
- Fixed an exploit of spawns where a player would constantly respawn at his team spawn in the first quarter minute of a game.
- Fixed a few map specific spawn issues
- Fixed a crash when entering and leaving lobbies
- Fixed a crash when ejecting the disc while a sub-user was signed in