The second multiplayer beta for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, which also saw the debut of cross-platform play, concluded yesterday. Infinity Ward has thanked players for participating and took to Reddit to address some of the feedback received. The developer also assured players to not be alarmed if a particular reported issue wasn’t listed.
Issues that are being addressed include blurriness while aiming down sighs or on the matchmaking screen for PC; crashes on Xbox One and PC; and chat being unavailable with console players while on PC. One issue that cropped up was the ability to change input device mid-match. A hotfix was deployed during the beta though so this shouldn’t be a problem in the final game.
It’s a fairly hefty list especially with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare releasing on October 25th for Xbox One, PS4 and PC. We’ll be hearing a lot more about other content in the coming weeks. Campaign gameplay is expected before September is up and more details on Spec Ops will be provided in early October. Stay tuned in the meantime.
- Blurriness while ADSing or on the matchmaking screen on PC
- Crashes on Xbox One and PC (please check existing threads on here if you’re experiencing one of these crashes)
- Players are unable to chat with console platforms while on PC
- Players were able to change their input device midmatch. We deployed a fix for this during the beta.
- Recon Drone UI staying on screen after using
- Juggernaut Suit not spawning out of the crate and the mask staying on screen after the player has died in the suit and respawned back in to match
- Ground War: In some cases, players would spawn or be ‘pushed’ under the map, allowing them to kill enemy players while being hidden. Friendlies are also able to spawn on under the map as well.
- We’re looking into how you spawn on your teammates as well as spawning in on vehicles in general, too.
- Players are unable to shoot through open rails/towers
- Screen tearing on character and weapon models on Xbox
- VTOL Jet firing through the roof of various buildings in Quarry
- Suppressed M13 still uses normal audio sounds
- Settings not saving on PC
- FOV Slider setting reverting to default after loading into the map. This has been fixed.
- Doors not opening or closing as intended. In some cases, players are able to see through closed doors.
- Cyber Attack: Unable to defuse the bomb. Unable to pick up a weapon after being revived
- Various audio bugs where the only audio being played is of vehicles, no audio, or only weapons
- Xbox users: We know of a bug with invites and joining up from the
- Xbox Dashboard. While this is being investigated, you can still send invites and join up with friends within the game.
- Staying as a Party after a match: After completing a match as a party, some players are unable to find a new match and are stuck in the matchmaking lobby. We’re still looking into this issue, but in the meantime, disbanding your party and joining back up is a temporary solution while we work on a fix.
- Spawning and Visuals: Spawning is currently inconsistent on some maps, so thank you for sharing your videos with us and sharing your feedback. We’ll continue to monitor the spawn system and we’ll update you if we deploy any changes. We will also be looking into lighting and exposure on various areas of the map, such as how you view dark rooms from the outside of a building and vice versa, for example.
- Voice chat: Voice chat is inconsistent when joining up with players on other platforms. This is being investigated.