Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Receives New Spec Ops Missions
Two Operations added along with a three star Classic Spec Ops mission.
Remember when Call of Duty: Modern Warfare released and there was some furor over the lack of regular Spec Ops missions? Infinity Ward promised that said content would be added in time and it’s made good on that promise. A new Classic Spec Ops mission, Door Kick, is out now.
Like the classic missions of yore, your completion time will net you a different rating. This determines the amount of XP received and things unlocked. For fans of Operations, there’s Harbinger and Brimstone to play through, offering some much needed offering in that mode as well.
As for regular multiplayer, Gun Game is now available along with Realism Moshpit. The latter is a combination of modes like Hardpoint (which was also recently added to the game), Kill Confirmed, Headquarters and Domination. The full patch notes can be seen here but see below for all the various fixes it contains. The game’s first Battle Pass goes live in December so stay tuned for more details on that.
11/22/19 – Patch Notes
- Fix for a bug where a player could spawn without a character model when spawning in on a friendly vehicle
- Fixes for various exploits across all maps and modes
- Fix for an issue where copying an opposing players loadout was also copying their killstreaks
- Fix for the After-Action report not displaying newly acquired awards
- Fix for player rank icons not appearing on the scoreboard
- Shortened the amount of time an execution animation plays
- Accessibility: Added the option to Always Sprint
- Footsteps: Adjusted volume and sound type played for crouch walk and walking while Aiming Down Sights
- Dead Silence: Fix for the Dead Silence Field Upgrade not lasting the correct amount of time when CDL rules are enabled
- Fix for nameplates being visible in a certain location on Piccadilly
- Updates to the obituary (killfeed); removed “Avenged” and “Save Player”, play of the game owner, and player rank increases
- Fix for players being able to join a match even though they’ve been blocked
- Added the option to disable the spawn camera
- Fix for a bug where the ‘Starting Flags Captured’ private match option was not functioning as intended
- Fix for the bomb screen appearing blank when defusing or planting the bomb in Search and Destroy with Realism enabled. Added bomb carrier indicator.
- Fixed an issue where selected killstreaks would revert to the previous selection mid-match
- Fix where players using the Shield Turret killstreak could see through smoke at certain angles with the side panels of the turret