The Outer Worlds sees a disappointing debut.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – being the biggest release of the week (and maybe even the year) – was bound to do well at launch in all markets, and it certainly hasn’t disappointed. As per the newest weekly software and hardware sales data for Japan provided by Famitsu, the game debuted on top of software charts, selling over 117,000 units with just two days on the market. This comes after the game’s chart-topping debut in the UK, with Activision recently also having announced that the shooter grossed over $600 million worldwide in its first three days on the market.
In second place in the software charts is Nintendo’s offbeat fitness-centric RPG, Ring Fit Adventure, selling over 64,000 units. Meanwhile, the newest expansion of Square Enix’s MMORPG, Dragon Quest 10, called The Main of Thorns and the God of Destruction Online, occupies the next two positions with its Nintendo Switch and PS4 versions, selling over 34,000 units and 16,000 units respectively.
That isn’t the only Dragon Quest game in the top 10, with the Switch’s Dragon Quest 11 S still hanging in there at No. 7, with over 11,000 units sold. Meanwhile, The Outer Worlds is yet another new release in the top ten, though it’s had something of a disappointing debut, selling just over 10,000 units for an eighth place finish.
On the hardware front, the Switch suffers a drop of roughly 15,000 units from last week’s sales, selling over 54,000 units this week. Meanwhile, the PS4 has held stead, selling over 7,000 units.
You can check out the full software and hardware sales charts for the week ending October 27 below.
Software sales (lifetime sales)
01. [PS4] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – 117.670 / NEW
02. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 64.045 / 132.542
03. [NSW] Dragon Quest X: The Maiden of Thorns and the God of Destruction Online – 34.836 / NEW
04. [PS4] Dragon Quest X: The Maiden of Thorns and the God of Destruction Online – 16.898 / NEW
05. [NSW] Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town – 16.495 / 82.688
06. [PS4] Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night – 12.156 / NEW
07. [NSW] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age S – Definitive Edition – 11.090 / 412.997
08. [PS4] The Outer Worlds – 10.659 / NEW
09. [NSW] Minecraft – 8.628 / 979.444
10. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 7.865 / 2.504.429
Hardware sales (last week’s sales)
Nintendo Switch – 69.438 (54.067)
PS4 – 7.422 (7.362)
Xbox One – 81 (142)
Nintendo 3DS – 1.241 (1.110)
PS Vita – 23 (27)