Markers are special collectibles that, once obtained, unlock an alternate ending to the game. They are spread all over Ishimura, and collecting all of them can be quite taxing. Moreover, the Marker Fragments do not spawn during the very first playthrough. You must finish the game on any difficulty for them to spawn during the second playthrough. There are a total of 12 fragments, and here is a guide highlighting all the Marker Fragment locations throughout the Dead Space remake.
All Dead Space Remake Marker Fragments Locations
Marker Fragment 1 – In Chapter 1 – Objective: Find the Data Board
- It is located on a shelf inside the Maintenance Bay Office. You can spot it next to the Data Board. To grab it, simply melee the shelf and the fragment will drop down.
Marker Fragment 2 – Chapter 2 – Objective: Find a Shock Pad
- Enter Dr. T Kyne’s Office after clearing the quarantine in Main Lab. Next, use kinesis to move the shelf and you can see the fragment within the hidden room.
Marker Fragment 3 – Chapter 3 – Objective: Manually Ignite the Engines
- Ignite the engines manually and while in the Engine Room move towards Power Sub-Station 03. You can find the fragment in the corner. After that you’ll have to place the battery within the sub-station in order to progress the story.
Marker Fragment 4 – Chapter 4 – Objective: Reroute Power from Electrical Systems
- After rerouting the power from the Electrical Systems, head on over to Floor 3 of the Bridge. Enter the Break Room and you’ll find the fragment lying on the floor.
Marker Fragment 5 – Chapter 5 – Objective: Lift Lockdown
- After lifting the lockdown head on over to Dr. C. Mercer’s office. You can find the fragment lying on his desk.
Marker Fragment 6 – Chapter 6 – Objective: Acquire the Liquid Nitrogen
After obtaining the liquid nitrogen, head on over to Cryogenics. Backtrack to the area where you froze the Hunter and you can spot the fragment on top of the cryogenic chamber. You can use kinesis to grab it from the top.
Marker Fragment 7 – Chapter 7 – Objective: Inject Wheezer 07
- The fragment is on top of the gantry, which is located at East Grow Chamber. If you don’t remember, then it’s the place where Wheezer 06 was initially located. The fragment is stuck in the corner within some corruption. You’ll have to use kinesis to lodge it free.
Marker Fragment 8 – Chapter 8 – Objective: Find the SOS Beacon
- Locate the SOS beacon. Once you have level 3 security clearance, head over to Mineral Samples and enter it. You can find the fragment lying on a shelf.
Marker Fragment 9 – Chapter 9 – Objective: Activate the Comms Array
- When you’re solving the puzzle that powers the Comms Array, you can see the fragment floating inside a corruption covered hole. It’s to the left of the Communication Control panel.
Marker Fragment 10 – Chapter 10 – Objective: Destroy Tendril in Deluxe Quarters
- First, destroy the Tendril within Deluxe Quarters. Now head into the hallway where the second tendril is wreaking havoc. Enable the doors at the circuit breaker. Next move towards the bottom Deluxe Shift Buns where the marker is lying on a desk.
Marker Fragment 11 – Chapter 11 – Objective: Destroy Tendril in Chief Seward’s Office
- Destroy the Tendril rampaging in Chief Steward’s Office in order to look for the fragment. Go near the Inquiry Desks where the Tendril was initially located. You should see the fragment lying on a desk directly opposite of the door.
Marker Fragment 12 – Chapter 12 – Objective: Engage the Cargo Crane
- You’ll have to move the Marker in the Cargo Bay. Once moved, you can spot the tendril in the south-eastern corner of the room where it’s sitting on a shelf.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)