“We’re giving players as much as we can.”
Later this year, a brand new expansion will be launching for Destiny– Rise of Iron, which will also be the first substantial update for the game since The Taken King launched last year. Speaking to Eurogamer, Rise of Iron creative director Chris Barrett told Eurogamer that he hopes players will be happy with what Bungie delivers.
“We’re going to give players as much as we can,” Barrett said. “We had a big playtest at the studio last week and the feedback was very positive, everybody liked the new content. Our teams are very passionate – they had a lot of suggestions too.”
He spoke about Bungie’s development process, pointing that the studio has been trying to learn things as it goes. “We’re trying to get better at what we do. Build tools to make content quicker and focus on what the best and most impactful experiences are for players,” he admitted, before adding, “We’re also learning as we go. I think we’re getting better at building Destiny, releasing content quicker.”
I don’t know if I necessarily agree with that last bit- as mentioned earlier, Rise of Iron will be the first expansion for the game since The Taken King launched last year, and while there have been intermittent content drops for the game in the intervening period, I’m not sure that has necessarily been enough.
Destiny: Rise of Iron launches September 20 for PS4 and Xbox One.