DICE Summit 2013 awards: Journey, The Walking Dead win big
Full list inside.
DICE Summit 2013 winners have been announced and Thatgamecompany’s Journey which was nominated in 11 categories has won a lot of awards at the event.
The Walking Dead, Telltale Games’ masterpiece, has also won an equal number of awards and we have the full list of winners for you.
Game developers gave speeches at the event including Jenova Chen and he said how hard it was for the team to complete journey and they almost faced bankruptcy. The game became one of of the most critically and commercially acclaimed game of 2012.
The game also won a lot of awards at GamingBolt but was piqued by Far Cry 3 in the end. Check out our results here.
Game of the Year categories
- Game of the Year 2012: Journey
- Action: Borderlands 2
- Mobile: Hero Academy
- Handheld: Paper Mario Sticker Star
- Sports: FIFA 13
- Racing: Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- Fighting: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
- Downloadable: The Walking Dead
- Casual: Journey
- Web based: SimCity Social
- Family: Skylanders Giants
- RPG or MMO of the year: Mass Effect 3
- Strategy or simulation: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- Adventure: The Walking Dead
- Outstanding achievement in original music: Journey
- Outstanding achievement in original sound design: Journey
- Outstanding achievement in original story: The Walking Dead
- Outstanding achievement in character performance: The Walking Dead (Lee Everett)
- Outstanding achievement in art direction: Journey
- Outstanding innovation in gaming: Journey
- Best online gameplay: Journey
- Oustanding achievement in connectivity: Halo 4
- Outstanding achievement in animation: Assassin’s Creed 3
- Outstanding achievement in gameplay engineering: XOM: Enemy Unknown
- Outstanding achievement game direction: Journey