EA Gives in to the Demands of Battlefield 3 PS3 owners; Here’s how you can Redeem the Game
Remember few weeks ago we reported that one disgruntled PS3 owner filed a lawsuit on behalf of all Battlefield 3 PS3 owners who were misled by EA. It looks like EA has finally succembed to their demands. Earlier EA had said that they would give PS3 Battleifled 3 owners a free copy of BF 1943 but backed off from that promise but now they realise their mistake.
Ea released a statement saying that:
There have been some misunderstandings around Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield 3. To address this we are making Battlefield 1943 available free of charge to owners of Battlefield 3 on the PS3 beginning this month.
Sometimes lawsuits work!
Tell us what you think in the comments section below.
Here’s how you can redeem the game:
- Activate your Battlefield 3 Online Pass for the PlayStation 3 using the voucher included in the game (see step #5 for additional instructions).
- Visit 1943redemption.battlefield.com on or after the dates outlined above for your region and log in with your Origin ID and password. Click here if you need help with retrieving your account information.
- Select your territory. Note vouchers do not work across regions.
- You will then receive a PlayStation 3 voucher for Battlefield 1943.
- input your voucher into the PlayStation Network store. Instructions below.
- From the XMB (cross media-bar) of the PlayStation 3 connected to a network, choose [account management] under the [PlayStation Network].
- From the menu select redeem codes.
- Enter voucher and select continue.
- Download Battlefield 1943.