EA Sports UFC Update Adds Fixes & New Fighters
Pretty massive update.
EA Sports UFC may not necessarily have been the best game possible at launch, but at least EA Sports is demonstrating a commitment to supporting the game post launch and trying to realize their original vision. Today, they rolled out a brand new update- on the content side, the game adds three new fighters (Dillashaw, Takeya Mizugaki & Tyron Woodley), but more importantly, there is a massive list of fixes the game adds as well.
The full list is:
New & Updated Content
- Addition of 3 new fighters. 2 in Bantamweight: TJ Dillashaw, Takeya Mizugaki and 1 at Welterweight: Tyron Woodley.
- Updates to fighter records
- Update TJ Dillashaw to be Bantamweight Champion in Career and default fighter in Fight Now
- Updated Alexander Gustafsson’s tattoo
- Gameplay – Added Finish the Fight. Allowing users to land extra shots as a fighter gets knocked out
- Gameplay – Added sprawls when defending power takedowns
- Gameplay – Added the ability to touch gloves at the start of every round
- Added animation to submissive fighter when attempting full guard sweep to a postured opponent in full guard.
- Added the ability to break out of cage clinch by pressing L3 button
- Fixed an exploit where dominant fighter in full mount could sneak in punches from posturing up.
- Fix for arm alignment issue for certain fighters in full mount
- Removed power takedowns and side control sweeps from fighters that should not have them.
- Stamina and damage changes are now relative to accelerated clock.
- Stamina no longer regenerates if user holds block.
- User takes a larger stamina penalty when hit while weak blocking.
- Dominant fighter in full guard has larger window to reverse the full guard sweep to mount. Animation sweep takes longer.
- Fixed rare submission issue where gates could be skipped.
- Fixed issues with framerate during gameplay.
- Fixed rare issue with loss of takedown functionality after denying cage clinch.
- Fixed issues with referee standup during TKOs and submissions.
- Fixed various physics issues.
- Fixed various animation issues
- Update to Renan Barao Bruce Buffer commentary
- Opened Red Belt division in Championships
- Opened Grand Prix Invitational tournament in Championships
- Fix to online leaderboard stats displaying incorrectly in comparison to FighterNet profile
- Fix to online disconnects in tournaments resetting user’s fighter
- Fix to online disconnects not reporting the game and no DNF given
- Fixed issue with uploading highlight reels when game is suspended
- Added a EULA tile in the Extras menu
- Update to filtering of tutorial videos based on Language settings
- Fix to Origin flow in unsupported language displaying unsupported text
- Decreased difficulty of initial fighter after tutorials. User is unable to get knocked down during standup.
- Fixed Create-a-Fighter icons for hates and tattoos
- Fixed rare issue with incorrect Post fight NIS playing
- Fixed rare crash that occurred during replays
- Fixed issue with Game Face fighters having a seam around neck
So EA should be commended for updating the fighter in response to the criticism and the feedback… but then again, if they had just launched a not-broken game to begin with, maybe they wouldn’t have had to issue such a massive fix to begin with. With games like Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, SimCity, and now UFC, this seems to slowly be becoming a trend for EA, and I can’t say I like it.