Meanwhile, the Nintendo Switch sees a decline in sales in an otherwise uneventful week.
Famitsu’s latest charts for software and hardware sales are in, and sales figures for the week ending April 21 are largely uneventful, with only one new entrant into the top 10 of the software charts, that being Langrisser I & II at second place with over 11,000 copies sold of the PS4 version. The Switch version occupies sixth place, with over 9,000 copies sold. Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain, which debuted on top of last week’s charts, is still in pole position, though with significantly lower sales, having moved almost 13,000 copies throughout the week.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is in at third place, with sales of over 11,000 units and just a few hundred units short of second place. Meanwhile, Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit, which debuted in second place last week, has fallen down to fourth place, selling over 9,000 units.
On the hardware front, the Nintendo Switch continues to be the highest selling console, but has seen a significant drop in sales. It moved over 40,000 units across the week, which is down notably from the 54,000 units it sold the previous week. Meanwhile, the PS4 has collectively sold over 11,000 units (Pro and base model combined), which is about as much as it sold last week as well.
You can get the full software and hardware charts below.
Software charts (followed by lifetime sales)
1. [PS4] Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain – 12,923 / 68,496
2. [PS4] Langrisser I & II – 11.902 / NEW
3. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 11,080 / 3,029,577
4. [NSW] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit – 9,074 / 35,708
5. [NSW] Yoshi’s Crafted World – 9,061 / 100,733
6. [NSW] Langrisser I & II – 9,031 / NEW
7. [NSW] Minecraft – 8,532 / 737,500
8. [NSW] Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission – 8,161 / 93,283
9. [PS4] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice – 7,654 / 231,649
10. [NSW] New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 7,299 / 575,844
Hardware charts (followed by last week’s sales)
Nintendo Switch – 40,338 (54,101)
PS4 – 6,702 (6,662)
PS4 Pro – 4,661 (5,131)
New 2DS LL – 2,600 (2,676)
New 3DS LL – 632 (664)
PS Vita – 571 (575)
Xbox One X – 44 (47)
Xbox One S – 39 (19)