Epic announces its panel for GDC 2013
Game Developers Conference 2013 will be held in San Francisco, March 25-29, and there will be a lot of new technology shown and maybe internal events for developers.
Epic Games are planning to showcase the Unreal Engine 4 along with other tech at the event and they have announced their panel as well.]
They license the engine so expect a lot of training to new developers who are planning to create games using the engine. This will be most probably only for people who have invitation and not for public.
There could be some next gen games shown and some of them could leak out but it looks unlikely.
Check out the panel:
- Billy Bramer, Gameplay Programmer, Under Construction: Crafting Fortnite’s Building System
- Jim Brown, Lead Level Designer, AAA Level Design in a Day Bootcamp
- Laura Fryer, General Manager (Seattle), Producer Bootcamp and The 3 Most Important Ingredients to Making Great Games: Motivation, Motivation, and Motivation!
- Wyeth Johnson, Art Director, Killer Portfolio or Portfolio Killer: Part 1 – Advice from Industry Artists and Killer Portfolio or Portfolio Killer: Part 2 – Portfolio Review
- Kevin Johnstone, Senior Environment Artist, Subtracting to Add: Environment Optimization Techniques, Killer Portfolio or Portfolio Killer: Part 1 – Advice from Industry Artists and Killer Portfolio or Portfolio Killer: Part 2 – Portfolio Review
- Bert Lewis, Lead Character Artist (ChAIR), Designing the 100+ Characters of Infinity Blade: Establishing Constrained Diversity
- Jonathan Lindquist, Technical Artist, The Inner Workings of Fortnite’s Shader Based Procedural Animations
- Chris Mielke, Producer, Building Epic Worlds through the Strengths of Artsourcing
- Niklas Smedberg, Senior Engine Programmer, “Optimizing AAA Games for Mobile Platforms” (ARM theater, South #1124, Wednesday, March 27, 10:30 a.m.)
Tell us what you think in the comments section below.