F1 2017 is out now- the newest entry in Codemasters’ annual take on the world’s most popular motorsport is a love letter to Formula One and its fans, while also being an alluring racing game on its own merits. Of course, while it is a great racing game, it can also be unforgiving and difficult at first- simply because of how different it might be from a lot of other games you play.
That’s where we come in- in this guide, we have some basic and general tips and tricks for you to be able to find your footing, if only tentatively, when you play F1 2017.
- Play the career mode! The career mode is an excellent way of getting used to the game with a smooth progression curve- but if you do play it, try playing one of the lower ranked teams. The higher ranked teams start have far harder objectives for you to complete
- Pay attention to R&D. In the career mode, you can invest in R&D and unlock new perks for your vehicles- don’t ignore this!
- Newcomers, stick to using Ferrari cars. This is because these are the ‘easiest’ to handle, so they are far friendlier to newer players to get a handle on things
- Be mindful of your surroundings! Tracks in F1 2017 are not like tracks in Mario Kart, but there are still things to keep track off- curves, slope, weather, and more
- Practice! You can get used to any car, track, or variation in the game- as long as you practice. You are not going to start winning at this game right away- but just stick with it, because if definitely pays off.
- Get used to the tracks. The Track Acclimatisation Practice Programme exists in the Career Mode to help you find your way around a circuit; that apart, you can switch on driving assists as well as download ghosts to figure out the best route as well