Far Cry 3 will be getting a day 1 patch on the PC when it releases tomorrow, and Ubisoft is calling this patch a “critical update.” Version 1.01 “needs to be installed in order to benefit from an optimal game experience.”
“If your Far Cry 3 PC game crashes upon launch, please restart the Uplay PC client and try again,” says Ubisoft. This is just in case, if, somehow, the patch’s install isn’t prompted automatically by the Uplay client.
The patch notes are given below:
- Improved overall Multiplayer stability and performance.
- Added SHOW TOP, SHOW YOU, PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN options in Leaderboards.
- Fix the voice chat issue that would mute players by default.
- Lobby chat can now be accessed when a controller is connected.
- Fixed graphical issues on loading screen hints.
- Fixed the issue that would prevent maps from being displayed or randomized the first time a user enters Public Co-op.
- Health regeneration option no longer has inverted functionality.
- “Flare gun” kills are no longer considered as Assist kills.
- Fixed ground texture resolution.
- Grass surrounding fire spawns no longer remain red on Firestorm maps.
- Improved white objects thumbnails legibility.
- Users can now start a private match in 1 player on user created maps.
- Improved game stability and performance.
- Fixed issues with flickering on specific water textures.
- Fixed small UI glitches related to different display resolutions.
- “Weapon cache” mission: Mission Zone and Mission Marker no longer stays on mini-map and on screen after mission completion.
- Crafting items are now auto selected when entering a new crafting category.
- Added sound when zooming in and out the camera with the mouse scroll button.
We were really, really impressed with Far Cry 3, and we gave it 10/10 in our review, saying that “it’s the best game of the year, if not the generation.” Read our full review through the link.