Fortnite Battle Royale Mode Now Live, PvE Bug Fixes Added
The PUBG-style mode is now live along with several fixes to Save the World PvE.
Xbox One fans waiting for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds might have a decent alternative to pass the time. Epic Games’ Fortnite has received its latest update which adds Battle Royale as an additional mode along with PvE on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.
The purpose of the mode is simple – using whatever items players pick up, whether it’s from the open world or supply crates that will fall from the sky, they must survive against other players in a huge open world. With 100 players in total, it’s going to be tough.
Along with the ability to fight solo, players can choose to form two person Duos (which should be available when there are enough players to support matchmaking) or four person Squads. Three new weapons have been added to further mix up the murder. Be advised though – friendly fire has been enabled and intentionally shooting your teammates is against the code of conduct.
The patch does offer numerous bug fixes and changes to the Save the World PvE mode as well for those interested. What are your thoughts on the new mode? Let us know below.
- Fixed various issues that could cause the game to crash.
- Added an indication of time left in the warmup lobby to the taskbar icon on Windows.
- Spawned loot will now spread out a bit farther from their container.
- Updated the tips displayed on the Battle Royale loading screens.
- Fixed the Storm safe zone continuing to shrink after the game had ended.
- Fixed camera moving away from Battle Bus during network lag.
- Eliminated camera pops when your player initially spawns into the world.
- Fixed “You cannot do that now” appearing while holding down the Reload button.
- Fixed “Unable to Improve Building” appearing when clicking right stick on a controller.
- Fixed Shield Potion use being cancelled by pressing the button multiple times.
- Fixed landing footstep sounds playing unexpectedly while walking or sprinting around.
- Added new ambient audio for rivers and lakes.
- Improved volume balance and spatialization for medium and distant gunfire.
- Added a whoosh when you start skydiving, and reduced wind whistling sounds.
- Fixed audio being received from camera location instead of player location.
- Footstep audio volume now falls off more smoothly with distance.
- Increased distance the player can hear structures being demolished.
- Improved some chest and loot spawn locations.
- Fixed distant chests appearing as orange boxes.
- Fixed various collision issues with the landscape and buildings.
- Fixed some underground basements being inaccessible.
- Fixed issues with some trees floating above the terrain.
- General bug fixes and improvements to the world.