It looks like GTA V will make it to PC. Only a matter of time.
In the wake of the release of GTA V, the game has seen almost universal praise from gamers across the world. However, as things stand the game has only been released on consoles, not on PCs as we’ve seen with every other installment in the Grand Theft Auto series.
Since release, dedicated gamers have been going over the source code of the game, and have found some allusions to the potential for a PC release. It seems that the evidence is still piling up, as an XML file in the PS3 release of GTA V picked up this newest snippet:
• 985459 – PC – [PT][PB] Crash – > game_win32_beta_dx11.exe!strRequest::Release() Line 47 + 0xf bytes C++
• 614622 – [LB][PT][LDS][DX11] Blooms too much on smog weather setting.
• 632447 – [PC] All the phones are very dark and hard to read
• 496009 – [PC] Debug picker seems to be non-functional
• (no x64 prebuild cover) – Boot checks completed only.
Just about every previous PC version of GTA was stunning, as personal computers often have more advanced speed and graphics than do consoles. Every indication is that this trend will persist if GTA V sees a PC release.